The Irony

Like every other clients Bondita greeted him and asked him to have a seat.

The man- yeh sab rahne dijiye Tulsipur ki pahli mahila barrister shiba, Pahle yeh btaiye ki aap bas bolti accha hai ya asal jeevan me bhi waisi hi hai??

Bondita- Mai kuch samjhi nahi ?? Aapka kya matlab hai??

The man- handed her the newspaper cutting of her interview when she returned from London.

She got to know who is he ?? She folded her hands and said.

"Namaste! Samiksha k baba... Mujhe maaf kar dijiye maine aapko pahchan nahi payi. Mai kuch chai/coffee bulati hu."

The man: nahi beta rahne do.. mai thik hu bas aapse ek nivedan hai ..

Bondita- aapko nivedan karne ki zaroorat nahi hai ... Aap bejhijhak kahiye jo aap kahne aur hai.

The man: Beta, mai apni bitiya ko aur kasht me nahi dekh sakta mai chahta hu ko woh apne pati se talaq le le aur ab tum bhi wapis aa gai ho toh apne kaka sasur ji ka aur pariwar ka khyal bhi rakh sakti ho and his voice slowly fragiled.

Bondita was prepared for this dilemma but not so soon... "She could not deny his req, a father's req for his little angel, he was breaking in front of her, she could see her baba in him if she was at Samiksha's place. Now what to do?? if she accepts his request how she will face her family and Anirundh. No No but how can she take her steps back when she is totally aware of Samiksha's condition. Isn't it the absolutely sensible, If she wants to bring the changes in society for women's betterment... she has to start it from her home but she never wanted this.... Alas! How she will proceed for this ... What will happen?? " This chain of thoughts were broken by Samiksha's father.

He- Beta, mai janta hu tumse bahut badi chiz mang raha hu apni beti ka Vaqil banne k liye par isse zyada shyad mai kisi aur barrister ko samjh nahi paunga.

Bondita - Baba, mujhe maaf kar dijiye mai aapko kal hi iska jawab de paungi abhi nahi par aap vishwaas rakhiye mai aapko nirash nahi hone dungi.

He- Thik hai beta tum par bharosa rakh k ja rahe hai... Kal milte hai??

He left.
Bondita anyhow mustered her courage, took long deep breath, drank water and calmed herself. The first thing she thought of discussing with her Patibabu, but not in office as she knew this can create scene there. So she waited till post dinner.

Nothing was changed, though she was angry at him for raising his hand he didn't apologize and now, when she is approaching him he is not responding and walked out from room. (Okay, you don't want to guide/listen me later don't dare to question on my decision. I am going to take Samiksha's case, first case, in which l wanted your support, guidence but you are not even looking at me and she cried bitter hard).

Next day with the help of Bondita, Samiksha and her father filed the divorce case.
A notice sent on the address of RC Mansion dropped the bombshell on family as they never expected this....

Asap Anidita returned home. Kaka stopped them yelled.

Kaka- Kya yahi din dikhne k liye tum logo ne Barristery ki thi ki apna hi ghar jala do..

Anirundh (who is unaware of that notice)- kya hua kaka aise q bol rahe hai aap??

Kaka - Jaise tumhe toh pata hi nahi hai tumhari patni ne kya kiya hai??

(Anirudh looked at Bondita suspiciously, her face was down.)

Kaka- sun lo bahu hum Zamidar hai kisi ka udhar nahi rakhte.... agar tum Samiksha bahu ka case ladogi toh Anirudh Som ka case ladega aur yeh hamara aakhiri faisla hai tum dono ja sakte ho ...