Why should weddings have all the fun?

Here l am depicting the story of early 1970s, by that time most of the malpractices (kuprathas) were abolished by the great efforts of Mr. Raja Ram Mohan Roy but in some of the rural areas prople were still believeing and following those malpractices calling it our culture or tradition(Just keep that in back of the mind).

On the other side people who were broad-minded and knew what is best for their children they were sending them to schools be it a girl or boy because of Right to education (शिक्षा का अधिकार) without much difficulty girls were also going to school.
Even though the no. of girls were very less in the classes compare to boys but yes, the girls have started going to the school.
(Ms. Bondita was one of among those girls who went to school and completed the matric examination in first class honours)
-----------------------------------------------------------
At RC's mansion(Tulsipur)-

After the morning pooja by Mr. TRC RCs were having the breakfast.
At same time someone knocked the door as an invitation was sent to RCs.
Bihari babu collected it from that person and gave it to Anirudh.

After seeing the invitation everyone togather "Kiski shaadi hai?" (Who is getting married?).

Anirudh- Are mujhe card dekhne toh dijiye kya mujhe apne aap pata chal jata hai kiski shaadi hai?.( let me first open the card .... l am not pantometh who knows everything so how would l know who is getting married.)

Everyone giggled! And was looking at him.

Anirudh opens the invitation and was very amazed to see that invitation.

Everyone together again- Kya Hua?? (What happened?)

Anirudh - This is not the wedding invitation and smiled.

Everyone together again - Then!!

Anirudh(still in amazed state)- it is success celebration party invitation for a girl of Devipur, who is all set to become a doctor soon.

Somnath(with full confidence)- Kon Swastika??

Ani- Ha, but how do you know??

Somnath- Woh mere college friend ki neighbour hai toh usne btaya tha.

Trilochan Roy Choudhury urf Kaka- woh Devipur k pandit ki beti?

Som- Han kaka.

Kaka- Are wah! Unhone btaya tha hame ki hamari bitiya bhi vidhyalay jati hai aur dekho... Doctor bankar naam Roushan kar diya unko bitiya ne.

(Kaka's POV- kya hi matlab aisi padhai ka jo apne parivar par na dhyan de sake ab doctari karegi toh ghr ka dhyaan kon rakhega... Na na hum to grah lakshmi hi layenge apne beto k liye jo yeh job wagairh me ruchi na rakhti ho and smirks)

Binoy- Mujhe bhi accha laga sunkar.
(While adjusting his spectacles and reading newspaper)

Batuk- Toh kab chalna hai dada??

Anirudh- Aaj hi ....

Batuk- Matlab sab chalenge??

Binoy- Dekhiye da!  Mai toh nahi aa paunga mujhe business ka kaam hai tum log jao and leaves.

Kaka- hum toh jayenge, are itne samman se bulaya hai hame  toh hame bhi unka samman rakhna chahiye na sab samay par tayar ho jana.

Ani- Mai nahi aa paunga.

Som- Are dada chalo hamari khatir hum jana chahte hai.

Batuk- ha dada.

Kaka- kya socha tumne??

Ani- thik hai, mai bhi chalunga aaj chhutti le lunga.

Batuk, Som togather- yeh hui na baat.

( Because all three brothers adore each other and love to go in any  function togather)

(Ani's POV Barrister wala dimag- how much l know indian parents l am sure this is not only the invitation for celebration of success because here people does not believe in why should weddings have all the fun??
So how come they are only celebrating sucess of their only girl child.
No No I am sure, her parents are planning to find her a groom and they have come up with this plan to invite the people so that they can get a good marriage praposal for her.. Poor Swastika!!
I know this Because here in India families are more happy when their daughter is getting married rather than making them proud in front of society. So to see the clear picture l must go there and see what are they planning and what is Swastika's next plan and yes l would like to meet her in person as well after all her achievement is Kaabil-e-tarif)

At Devipur-

It is blissful morning for Devipur and everyone is very happy as the daughter of Devipur Swastika (who belongs to a middle class bramhin family and is 21 yr old) has completed MBBS from Medical college and Hospital kolkata and all set to become a doctor.

At Swastika's home-

her family has arranged dugga Ma's pooja and a celebration with family and friends (Roy Choudhury's were invited too).

Guests have sarted arriving.
Her father was welcoming everyone and for some moments he was lost in his own thoughts.

Swastika's Father's flashback ( when my daughter was a kid that time l wished to get her marry early in a grand wedding ceremony but why we people think that only marriages should be big fat weddings not the auspicious moments like this.
See, today my daughter is very successful.
She is all set to become the first doctor from Devipur. I am so proud of her so why should not l make this day as one of the happiest day of her life. Then he got the idea of arranging pooja and celebration like this ( he was very happy). He smiled and said why should weddings have all the fun??)

Someone Shook him and said- RC's have come and he came to the real world.

What will happen next ????

What is Swastika's plan for her future??

What is Anirudh thinking of Swastika?

Really Swastika parents intentions were same as Anirudh guessed??

What is playing in kaka's head ??

I will try to update it soon😊

Keep reading and provide your feedback??