2.7

She saw men firing up the nearby vehicles and though the last 24 hours had been surprising the surprise that why this handsome goon's men were not saving their vehicles was above all.

And that's when it hit her,

They would be coming for the one carrying her as well.

True to her imagination a man ran and threw something burning on the vehicle and she shouted at the top of her lungs...

"Abba..."

The next few moments went into anticipation and when the nearby crackling of dry leaves firing up didn't warm around her she opened her eyes...

In the darkness of the atmosphere, someone was running to her, she had heard about the knight in shining armors but there was not a single time she had believed she would be this helpless and would be rescued like that... as the person neared it was the same soft kind-hearted man she had noticed a lot in the last few hours, someone who was genuinely concerned for her.

Suddenly the dark night was lit and started dancing around her,

She could not hear crickets, burning logs, she could not smell the charred green the only reality was this man whose sharp intake of breaths told her he was as restless as was she.

_____________*_____________

"Pallu, where were you... Raghav told you guys left in hurry." Sharda asked her as she could not ignore the sick feeling she had all night.

"Haan Aai, it all happened in a hurry, and then when we were free it was late so I thought I would talk to you guys later...sorry Aai. I could not come last night." she lied and apologized.

"arey Pallu, kaam sabse pahle baki sab bad me... aur ye sab Party varty bas yuin hi." Sharda was relieved and that was visible in her voice.

"Aai..." she called her mother after a brief moment

"Haan bol.." Sharda stopped sipping her coffee Nikhil had handed her.

"Kuchh nahi... jaldi milne aati hu." Pallavi wiped the silent tears.

"koi bat hai Pallu..." Sharda was alarmed. " Raghav se koi jhagda hua hai?"

"arey Aai..." Pallavi smiled.

She wanted to tell her mother there was not anything to worry about when she saw the nurse making her way inside the room and she excused to her Aai.

"Mrs. Rao... any development?" she asked her as she checked the IV and other machines around him.

"No Sister..." Pallavi walked to the bed. "Doctor said he would be asleep for a while so I think.."

"Yes, but it has already been a few hours." and then she looked at her watch. "it's about to be 11, he should have been awake by now but anyway let him get rest, it seems he needed this break."

"yeah." Pallavi smiled at the elderly nurse.

Checking his charts and other things The nurse made her way out of the room and Pallavi recalled something.

"Sister...

"yes..

"his lips look so dry and chapped... is he thirsty or something?" She asked innocently and the nurse smiled at her.

"he was sick for two days and then I don't know what kind of actions he has done before coming here... don't worry, we are already giving him everything he needs for now." pointing towards the drip the nurse smiled at her.

"oh..." Embarrassed about the question she tried to smile in response.

"by the way, you should be having a lip balm in that bag..." eyeing her handbag the elderly nurse gave her a teasing smile.