2.3

She was awake for a while and was trying to adjust her eyes to the dim light coming through the draped windows... she had a faint idea it was early morning but where was Raghav.

Taking a few minutes to freshen up she walked out of their room to his study but the gate was closed from the outside; he was not there. The clock in the hall told her it was ten minutes to 6, a little late than her normal morning but the staff downstairs were fully awake and if she could sense they were running as if they were in a hurry or ... of course, it made sense.

Raghav had to leave for another trip and that is why the house was in such a hustle this early in the morning.

She skidded past the steps in hurry. He just came last evening and was already leaving... again. and here she was sleeping like she had not in ages.

"Vahini, Anna is leaving for Mangalore..." Harish came to her. after Farhad, this was the second man in line. "he said you have to visit some boutique shop today, so I'll be ready whenever you say," Harish told her.

"i think we should leave after 1, I'll ring you and

"Gorilla... wait." Raghav's voice boomed in the hall.

"Anna... I am sorry I had put it to... Harish shivered to see Raghav.

"what have I told everyone working here?" Raghav turned to everyone who had gathered around him hearing his voice.

"kya Hua Anna?" Farhad came behind him in a weak attempt to stop whatever was about to happen.

Pallavi was still standing on the last step of stairs unable to get why he was angry all of a sudden.

"hmmm, to chal bol Harish, phone charge karne ka time kab hai?" he asked him as he cornered him.

"Sorry Anna, I didn't see when did the battery die..." Harish pleaded to him.

"tujhe kyu dikhega battery kab gaya, Farhad iska phone khol..." Raghav ordered Farhad and he came in front of Harish in no time.

Everyone was watching the scene with no words, afraid it could be their court marshal if they utter a thing.

"chhod do Anna, phones these days, cant be trusted." Farhad tried to save Harish.

"Farhad phone khol aur line se bata, battery kaha khatam ho rahi..." Raghav instructed him as he grabbed one of the dining chairs and sat crossing his leg.

Pallavi walked to him when he held out his arm to not interfere in his matters. She kept shut and eyed the poor guy getting troubled for god knows what mistake.

Harish pleaded Farhad to save him and Farhad rolled his eyes seeing the gaming apps on his phone.

"Farhad , time nahi hai mere pas... jaldi list suna." and somewhere over the clouds, Gods heard Harish and Pallavi's plea.

One, two, three, and in a row four sneezes jolted them all.

"you are sick..." Pallavi rushed to his side and patted his back in an attempt to soothe his body.

"Farhad..." he eyed Farhad just before another set of sneezes started.

"let me help you... check up on him later, Abhi Chalo mere sath." she tried to nudge him but he didn't move and eyed Farhad.

"Anna, this should be his last mistake... Vahini is right, let's get you something..and you Harish, next time your phone is not picked I'll make sure to throw you along with this phone." Farhad told Harish with an eye expression to leave before the Raghav Rao is back in form.

______________*_______________

The last night was amazing but the rains didn't spare her husband and now he was down with cold and fever.