fifty-nine: unless you want me to rock your shit again.

Mulai dari awal

I trail behind him as I feel his anger rise the closer we get to Nate. As we step into the elevator, he looks at me. "Floor?"

"We can go home. I already yelled at him and it's not that serious and-" I explain.

"What floor is he on?" He says suddenly, cutting me off.

"He's on 4." I squeaked as he pressed the button. We stand in silence, much like I did earlier this very morning. I lean against the back of the elevator. He stays in front of me, staring at the metal doors. "Zach, I really don't want to see him again."

"We won't be there for long. It's not like I'm going to fight him." Zach says over his shoulder, tense.

I raise my eyebrows. "Don't you hate elevators?"

"Yeah, I do." He says, not even looking at me.

I stand confounded, "Wait, then why are you-"

"Oh my god, Beautiful, stop with the questions." He says, annoyed.

"Now you know how I felt on that train ride." I joke, trying to play off the pit in my stomach that is returning. The door opens, and we walk out.

I guide him right outside of Nate's door, standing hesitantly behind him. He knocks on the door, rage filling his face as he balls his fists.

Nate opens the door, looking down. Isa is sitting behind him on the couch, "We aren't interested in whatever you're selling." He says until he looks up to see Zach standing at his front door.

"Good." Zach says. He takes one solid punch to Nate's face, knocking him straight down. Nate looks up at Zach, his hand holding where the impact was. He goes to stand up, but before he can, Zach stops him, "I wouldn't get up if I were you. I mean, unless you want me to rock your shit again." Nate wipes his lip, blood on his thumb. He looks at his finger, shocked at what just happened.

Zach's punch must have really knocked him.

"Both of you," Zach says. He points to Isa, who is gaped on the couch and Nate on the floor. "stay away from her. Not a text, a call or even an email. If you need to talk to her, you both go through me. Or so help me god, I will hit your little boyfriend even harder next time." He says, grabbing my hand and walking to the elevator.

"I knew I had a reason to hate him." Nate spits out as we are a few feet shy from the door. "He's always been jealous of me."

Zach turns around, letting go of my hand. He throws another punch at the now standing Nate, and this one gets a groan out of him. It knocks him down again, but this time he stays lying on the floor, trying to catch his breath; Zach squats down, looking over Nate, "Yeah, I was jealous of you. But, you didn't have one good reason to have a girl like her. She loved you so unconditionally that she would never see me that way when she's with you. I guess we can't say the same for you. You're an idiot for cheating on a girl like that, but especially that one." He points to me but then looks up at Isa, "You're even worse."

He stands up and walks over to me. He wraps his arm around my waist, grabbing my belt loop, and leads me to the elevator. "You didn't need to do that." I say, looking at him.

"I'm doing what friends do, right?" He replies with a smile. "His face really hurt my hand though, hard ass jaw," He winces, shaking his hand.

"Are you angry at me?" I ask with the intent of trying to take his mind off the pain, but I also desperately want to know.

"Would you ever drop me for a boyfriend again?" He asks, tugging at my ponytail.

"Probably not." I shrug, resting into his side.

He puts his chin on the top of my head, "Then no. I'm not, at least for now."

"You think they are waiting for us at the house? We kind of just left." I say, just enjoying the closeness between us.

"Yeah, I think so. Text Daniel and tell him we aren't coming." He says, pushing the loose strands behind my ear. "He's the only one that probably will respond right now."

I grab my phone out of my pocket, starting to type. Before I send the text, I look up at Zach, "Wait why are we not going over?"

"You're coming home with me."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

word count: 1384

i literally love the title <3; sorry for all the short chapter, i'm trying my best y'all

don't forget to like, comment and follow!

much love,

~ nish