sixty six || colorblind

Start from the beginning

But November 13th was our last game before we moved on states, which meant Wednesday, November 11th was our set day from the start to be our end-of-season banquet.

In other words, for 2 hours tonight, I have to be locked in a building with the whole team who spent the whole season lying to me, looking back at memories that were fake from the start- and I have to be civil the whole time.

Knowing I didn't get the option to skip it because I'd have to explain it to my family who wanted to go, I pouted my whole way through getting ready. Knowing I had to be dressier, I pulled out a plaid mini dress from my closet. I grabbed a sweater to throw on under since it was colder outside. I dressed it up more with jewelry, black tights, and boots. I curled my hair with the extra time I had, throwing a clip on the back with a few stands to create the half-up-half-down look.

With barely any time left to spare, I rushed around at the end to collect up my stuff

With barely any time left to spare, I rushed around at the end to collect up my stuff. Coach asked us all to bring our jerseys to get a team photo with us where we weren't all sweaty. I dug through my closet for mine, finding the clean white one like he'd asked. I threw it on the bed, noticing how the tape still hadn't been fixed from last game.

I tried to avoid thinking of all the memories, instead trying to remember where I'd put my red duck tape. I honestly couldn't remember, running around my room in hopes the sight of a location would spark something. Nothing did, so I huffed under my breath, grabbed my jersey, wallet, and phone, and headed downstairs in hopes of finding it.

"Oh, thank God. You're finally ready!" my mom sighed with relief as I ran down the steps.

"Yeah," I sarcastically replied. "Have you seen my red duck tape?"

"Uh... not that I believe so," my mom replied, looking around the kitchen confused as I reached the bottom step.

"Great," I sighed, looking around the room. I watched as Luke rounded the corner in a dress shirt and tie, looking up to me from his phone as I looked away.

"I have to find it before I go so you guys go, I'll follow behind," I told the group as they walked towards the door past me.

"Annie?" my mom quickly replied, trying to make sure I wasn't coming up with an excuse to skip it.

"I'll leave in less than 5 minutes if I still can't find it, but I have to fix my jersey before I can go!" I explained, running around the kitchen thinking it would be under the sink or something.

"Fine, but if you don't leave within-"

"I will, mom! Promise," I finally cut her off, running into the garage as she and Luke left out the front door.

I looked through every drawer I could find, seeing no tape anywhere in sight. I had no clue where I had left it at this point, and after I'd searched half the house, I knew my five minutes were up.

I finally just gave up, collecting up all my stuff and running out the front door to get there on time. I drove quickly with music as a distraction, arriving to the venue with a few minutes to spare.