Letter From the Author

Dear Reader,

(You, the person reading this. Hey!)

I've never written anything remotely like an 'Acknowledgement' before, so bear with me. I'm going to say a couple of things that have been on my mind, and then answer some questions I'm assuming you'll have. Be grateful: this was originally really long, but I'd hate to bore you. Lord knows, you've read my writing long enough.

I know I've said this a thousand times before, but I really can't believe this happened. Don't Tell My Brother started as a funny little thing I wrote in a word document after reading a chapter of someone else's story that I thought had a really cool premise (and is a great story, thanks ). I sent it around to a friend or two, we had a laugh, and that was that.

After a month or so, I decided to publish it, not thinking anyone would actually see it. And at first, they didn't. And then people slowly started reading, and commenting, and it all sort of snowballed, and then bam, I've written the longest story of my life (around 133, 000 words, which, for me, is a fuckton).

I could go on forever about how grateful I am for all of this. Your time, your votes, your comments and messages and fan creations (holy fuck??? I send them to my friends, forcing them to join me as I freak out over how nice you guys are). But seriously, y'all have no idea what it means to me to have people who genuinely seem to like and care about my characters and my silly little love story?? It blows my mind, honest to God it does. I've even come to recognise some of you, and look out for your names. And to those who don't comment, who've read it silently for ages or even found this story yesterday, this is for you guys too. Thank you so goddamn much.

TL;DR: I'm emotional and very, very grateful.

Questions:

Why is it called 'Don't Tell My Brother', when the Damien/Mark conflict isn't actually the biggest problem?

It was originally going to be. I had this whole thing planned out, where they have a huge fight and it's all very dramatic and gory, but as I started writing I quickly came to realise it wouldn't work. Mark's nature was too kind, and even Damien didn't really have it in him to hate someone that intensely. In order to have it work, I would've had to make both of them rather awful (and Damien already started out being...well, you know), and I didn't have the heart to do that to poor Mark. He tries, he really does.

Is this the end of Lucas and Damien's story?

Yes, officially. I will, however, be updating the Bonus Content book from time to time. Remember when I asked you guys for ideas? I saved them all, and they're so fun I'll definitely try a few. (When I have time, because school is a tad overwhelming.)

Will you be writing anything else?

Yes! Not for a while, because, y'know, school, but I have so many ideas for more books!! Like really, so many I don't know where to start. Creepy boarding schools and nobles running away to sea and two girls trying to find aliens, all of which I hope I'll have the time to write.

Drop any more questions here, I'll do my best to get to all of them.

And finally, to all of you who also feel like writing something on this site: fucking go for it lmao, as long as you're having fun it's worth it.