Chapter 1: The Beginning of the End

Comenzar desde el principio

Ichinose: Good morning, Kiyotaka!

Me: Good morning, Honomi.

Horikita looked at both of us and sighed. 

Me: What's the matter?

Horikita: You seem to be good friends with Ichinose, enough to call each other by first names. 

Ichinose blushed as I remained my stoic self. 

Me: We've known each other for a year. It was bound to happen sooner rather than later. 

After what seemed like ages, I finally reached the bottom floor, as the 3 of us left the elevator and went to our separate classes. 

As I entered, I saw most of my classmates were in attendance as I went over to my typical seat: near the rear window in the back of the classroom. I looked out as I wanted to view the passing students since lessons were all too tedious for myself. As much as I hated the whiteroom, it did achieve it's goal: a artificial genius. However, I never planned to give my father the satisfaction of seeing his plan come to fruition, so I've been hiding my abilities ever since I got here.

Horikita: Ayanokouji?

I got snapped out of my little daydream by Horikita who was preparing to stab me with her compass.  

Me: What is it? I don't intend on having you stab every day now.

She looked away.

Horikita: It's just that you should pay attention to the lesson. Nothing else!

And so class continued, as I couldn't care less about it. However, it wasn't so bad. Life like this was fine just the way it was. And it would stay like this for at least another year, I guarantee it.

I then heard an announcement coming from the loud speaker in the classroom as our homeroom teacher was finishing with her lesson for the day.

PDA System: Ayanokouji Kiyotaka from class 2-D, please report to my office at this time.

Everyone: Huh?

I got up as Horikita, Sakura, and Kei looked at me. Each of them seemed like they were worried about me, but it should be fine. I didn't do anything that warranted an expulsion. So I walked out of the classroom, as I made my way to the school administrative director, Tsukushiro, the man who has been trying to bring me back to my father in the whiteroom for months now.

I arrived at the door as I opened it. There he was, sitting on his tall seat, overlooking the field that was seen through his large windows behind his seat. He turned towards me and greeted me.

Tsukushiro: Nice of you to stop by so quickly, Ayanokouji

Me: Enough of that. What are you really after? I don't believe you called me here to expel me, since you don't have a reason too as of the moment. So why now?