01- I want to be better!

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry!" He expresses hoarsely. "It wasn't my intention..." Mumbling he continues to apologize. I can't understand what he means, but I know he feels terrible.
George is strong, and I appreciate that in him. I don't want to warn him that I'm also tearing up, so I start hugging him, but it wasn't reciprocal because he was hiding his face with both his hands. Among indistinguishable words, sobs, and cries, every apology that George let out, hurt even more. I also went through a difficult time, knowing that George felt the same way as me then. All I needed was a friend's support like his.

I didn't want to alert George that I'm holding back tears, but it's hard knowing the entire story. I just wanted to comfort him, but my tears had a life of their own at that point... George calmed down a bit.

"I can't take this anymore. I should have done everything differently."

"You know it's not how it works." I say.

"I know..."

"...Do you think the pills are making you worse? Maybe that's one of the problems." I suggest.

"But what can I do? they were prescribed..."

I don't know how to reply, so silence prevails. It wasn't the kind of uncomfortable silence, but rather welcoming.

"...I'm sleeping here today." I talked invited myself.

"Okay..."

"..."

"What do you think about testing this something" I had an idea. I got up from the floor and held out my hand so he can get up too. He looks at me confused!

"Test?!" He gets up.

"Yeah... Stop taking these pills for two weeks, and report to me what you feel. We don't know, it can probably help."

"I don't know... what if it gets worse?"

"Listen, George, since you started taking this medicine you don't know how you reacted to it, you started being worried about the littlest things, I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think it's worth a try." I insist.

"Maybe you're right ..."

"Think about it, I'm just trying to help, but it's your decision."

"...Fine! I'll go clear up the other room for you.."

"Mhm" Nodded...

——————— POV: George!

Isn't it strange to cry and talk about it normally afterward, as if the pain never happened. My mother didn't do that, she wouldn't even console me, maybe when I was four, but the reason was no way to make me stop screaming except to be consoled.

Wilbur will come back to the subject again, I'm sure, but also because he cares and defends his opinions. I'm not complaining about the idea, if the medicine is a problem, I'll be more than happy to finally be able to take some of the weight off my back and probably sleep in peace... That's what I believe!

Taking out some computer pieces that I left in the guest room, that I forgot to get rid of, I also arranged a pillow and blankets. I'm going to take a shower, crying is tiring. I want to take a hot bath, so hot that my face would get red with the stifling air, I'd say, almost a sauna, I've never been in one but it should be good. It's relaxing, admitting that I'm not okay, a bath is also incredibly relaxing, I should do it more often. I took a deep breath, feeling the emptiness inside me, but somehow it was good, it's as if the storm was worth it, that sigh that relaxes your bones, and clears your mind...

Feeling this again is a fortune. I went to the kitchen when I finished my bath. Hmm, that smells good! I see Wilbur with a plate of noodles in hand about to put it on the table. Without a word, I sit down on the stool.