Promises and Heartaches

Start from the beginning

     When my eyes opened up again, I noticed the place was different. It was a small room, containing nothing, but stains all around the floor.

'Tch. Disgusting.' He thought to himself in disgust as he tried to activate his quirk.

     Sadly, he wasn't able to activate his quirk. His Overhaul wasn't working at all.

"My lord," a familiar voice called out.

     He turned around to see his right hand man standing nearby, bowing in respect.

"Hari, why are you here?"
"That I don't know, sir. But maybe she can answer."

     I looked behind right him and was in complete shock.

My heart dropped.
I couldn't believe it.
It's her.
In the flesh.
Standing right in front of me.

"Y... Y/N?"
"Hello Kai..."

     Not even caring about Hari seeing him, I immediately ran towards Y/N, but she ended up stopping me with her wings.

"What's the meaning of this?"
"I'm not the real thing, Kai, but it's still me. I'm just her quirk's remaining energy."

     I then backed up from Y/N a minute, looked downward and knelt in such distraught. That was one information I clearly forgot about.

She's gone.
I'll never get to see her again.

     Tears fell from my eyes and landed towards the floor covered in blood. I've never shown emotion before, but I didn't know how to stop the tears from falling.

"Why are you crying, Kai?" Y/N asked out of curiosity.
"This is all my fault..." I replied tearfully, "I put your life in danger. I couldn't protect you. I... I-"

     Without finishing my sentence, I felt a hug above my shoulders. It was her, hugging me. I remembered that feeling all too well.

"Did you forget?" Y/N reminded, "I don't want you to say hateful things about yourself. Remember?"
"Right." I nodded as I cleansed my face, "I'm sorry."

     Y/N rose up, stretched out her hand towards mine. Accepting it, I looked at her. However, the smile I once recalled wasn't there anymore. It was full of sorrow and despair.

"Listen, I know it wasn't your fault." Y/N spoke, "but there's not that much time left. I need you to find me again."
"What do you mean? You're... you're still..."
"Break this curse and I'll be free again, please?"
"Curse? What curse?"

     Before I could get an answer, a small portal starts to open.

"I must go. Please find me..."

     Y/N turns away and walks right into that portal. I couldn't bear to lose her again.

"Y/N!"
"Young lord, wait!"

     I reached towards her hand, but my hands started to fade away. As my hands disappeared, it reached towards my whole body as I was starting to disappear from her body.

"Wha- what's happening?"
"Young lord, you're fading away."
"I see that, but why?"
"Her quirk is too pure if touched, you'll disappear from this world."
"But... I-I was able to touch her earlier."
"She allowed it, sir."
"No. No, no, no... Y/N..."

     Before she entered in the portal, YN looked behind with a sad smile.

"Goodbye, Kai."
"Y/N!!!"

   Expecting to disappear for good, I end up waking in such a shock. Sweat was rolling down from my face, my body trembling, breathing heavily from the chest.

'Was all of that real?' I thought to myself as I looked back to Chronostasis.

     He still remained asleep as I slowly rose from my seat. However, as I stood still for a moment, my body shook in such fear I've never experienced before. It's as if I was shot on both of my legs but no wounds appear underneath my bare skin.

'No, I stand corrected...' I mumbled as I stared to massage my legs for a bit. 'It was real.'

     Taking a deep breath, I thought carefully about what she said before I left:

'I need you to find me again... break this curse... Kai.'

"I promise, YN." I vowed quietly, "I'll find you again."

     Just in that instant, from the other side of the city, YN wakes up from her fever.

"Kai..."