57

Jungwoo let out a frustrated groan as he listened to the to the student council members argue. He was just trying to have a civil conversation about finding, but of course things had to turn hostile.

"Kids in the arts need more funding. That's the only thing keeping some of these students going...and there's barely any money invested in it to begin with," Xiaojun said quietly, not feeling to need to yell like the others.

"Who the fuck cares about the arts? The money should go to sports which could actually accomplish something for school," Changkyun spat back.

Feeling her nails digging into the table, Hyejoo decided to speak up for the first time in one of the meetings. "Who the fuck cares about sports? It's just a bunch of men using a football as an excuse to roll around on the ground together. And besides, you'd have to actually win some games to accomplish anything."

"You little bitch! I'm going to k—"

"That's enough!" Jungwoo yelled. He was utterly fed up with all of them and he just wanted to go home. "Maybe about neither should get funding if you want to mock and threaten people. We're done with this meeting, I'll see you next week."

There wasn't a chance for anybody to overcome the initial shock of Jungwoo raising his voice before he was out of the door. 

"Maybe we should apologize..." Tzuyu whispered. Her and Jungwoo had been in student council together since freshman year, even ran against each other for class president, yet she had never heard him raise his voice before let alone get mad at anybody.

"Why would we apologize to him? He jus—"

"Changkyun," Xiaojun warned gently, "He does so much for all of us, the least we could do is respect his time and actually try to be helpful."

Chenle quickly nodded, "We should go right now."

Haechan reached out and grabbed Chenle's shirt, pulling the boy back down into his chair, "Let's give him some time to calm down. Maybe he's just having a bad day or something."

"I think he might be annoyed with us because he seemed fine earlier in the day—and he was happy when we first started the meeting," Tzuyu muttered, voicing her thoughts. A chorus of hums echoed through the room as everybody agreed with her. "So Changkyun, what are we going to do next week?"

"Not threaten the underclassmen," he whispered before getting up and walking out of the room.

✨✨✨

Jungwoo had hardly made it out of the room until hot tears trailed down his cheeks. It's not that he was sad...he just felt overwhelmed and utterly stressed out with everything.