are you by any chance

free next sunday?

oh.

your heart skipped a beat as you read the words.

"tsu," you frantically got the attention of your friend. she gave you a quick "what", her eyes glued to the movie on her room's tv. you stuck the phone in front of her face, desperate to get someone else's input.

"he's asking you out," she said, a hint of surprise in her voice. as in a date? as in not as friends? on valentine's day? play it cool, play it cool.

y/n

Next Sunday as in a week from February 7th?

bokuto

yeah?🙂

y/n

As in the 14th?

bokuto

yes...🤨

y/n

I am.

bokuto

really?

y/n

Yes. Did you want to do something?

bokuto

well yeah

for valentine's day ya know

if you want😅

you are most definitely being asked out. PLAY. IT. COOL.

y/n

Yeah.

Definitely.

Have anything in mind?

bokuto

well we could get dinner, we could go back to that park we passed that other day

the sunset was really nice😊

y/n

That sounds great.

bokuto

ill be at yours around 5 😄

y/n

Alright. I can't wait.😁

"you look like a happy tomato."

that comment earned tsumugi a nice slap to the back of the head. what mattered was that you had a date. a date with the boy you'd managed to fall in love with.

y/n

Oh, also...

bokuto

?

y/n

No gifts, please.

I don't want to show off my subpar gift-giving skills and it'd be unfair if you got me something.

bokuto

sIgh

as you wish😞

of course, you'd love a nice gift, but it'd make you feel guilty, a feeling you did not enjoy. you were absolutely awful at gift-giving, hence why all of your friends received money on their birthdays. bokuto was a simple guy. if you thought hard enough about it, you'd probably be able to find him something worthwhile. you didn't have time to think hard though. you didn't even have the brain capacity to do so.

3% of your brain was thinking about school tomorrow.

4% was thinking about food.

1% was thinking about the movie and whatever tsumugi was rambling about.

and the other 92% was repeating the phrase, "bokuto just asked me out."