➣Chapter 9

She woke up in a dim, herbal scent room, with little light filtering in from behind the blanket nailed to the door. She felt a sharp, numbing pain in the area between her shoulder and her chest, which was also tied with a bandage. When she began to squirm, she noticed that someone was holding her right hand. She looked up and saw Jack sleeping on the edge of the pillow, but not letting her go for a minute. It was obvious, since he had brought her there after he was able to rescue her with the help of the other pirates, and took her to a witch-like woman in her 40s, living in a hidden little bay of the ocean, whom he had known for quite some time.

After examining him and treating the wound, she told him they were both okay, and that was when Jack got to know about her pregnancy, which came as an extra shock to him. For a long time he was just speechlessly staring infront of himself a thousands of thoughts running through his head, then went in to be with his love.

"Jack..." She whispered quietly on a weak voice. In a few seconds he started to recover and then woke up.

"My darling!" He said with a reassured smile, and pulled her closer for a hug carefully. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"Jack... where are we?" She asked, wanting to sit up.

"Shh, don't worry, luv, you're safe. The others helped me save you and I took you to the place of an old friend of mine, kind of a witch you know." He chuckled lightly, keeping her down, and caressing her face "You can't get up yet, sweetheart. I need to know why you did this."

"What?"

"I'm serious, Alyssa. You could have died. Do you understand? Never ever do this again! I don't worth it, my dear. I wouldn't be able to exist without you, you know that."

"Me neither. You're the love of my life. Don't worry about it, it's just a scratch."

"Oh, no, it's not. It was only a matter of luck that the bullet didn't hit any main organs or muscles."

"At least you're here with me." She replied, squeezing his hand.

"I'll always be there for you. Don't ever do this again, okay? You're my life. Don't be such a-

"Pirate?" She asked with a smile.

"Yes." He grinnned softly, and kissed her forehead.

"Oh my god! Our child?! Are they okay?"

"Luv, don't worry. You're both fine." He answered with a soft smile.

"How do you know about this?"

"She told me." He nodded his head outward. "I'm still very surprised and shocked. I never thought I would ever have a child."

"Oh, thank god. I hope you're okay with it too. I wanted to tell you personally."

"It's okay, luv, I'm very happy, I just never thought I'd be in this situation, and I have no idea how to deal with a kid." He expressed his concers but she reassured him that he would be a great father. Deep in his heart, Jack was still worried. This is not surprising since with this news, he was no longer just responsible for himself, the crew, and his girlfriend; but for his own family. That was the thought he had yet to digest. He never thought of family. His lifestyle was too dangerous to take on. Of course, he wouldn't even have anyone for it also. But now he had already found the perfect woman, in truth he couldn't have been happier.

One day later, as Alyssa and her baby were in fully stable condition, they were allowed to continue the journey their travel with the Black Pearl. Soon the entire crew knew about the girl's condition, as Jack began to behave with her in an incredibly overprotecite manner, and of course her belly began to reveal it pretty much.

One sunset, they were sitting at the end of the ship, watching the waves covered in gold together. Jack wrapped his arms around her, and she rested her head on his chest. He was thinking of something for a long time, kind of a life changing decision, he never thought he'd ever made it, but he was totally sure this time, just about to do it.

"You know how much I love ya, don't you darling?"

"Of course. Just as much as I love you." She answered, and he cupped her face into his hands, and kissed her tenderly. She kissed him back, putting her arms around him, pulling him deeply into the kiss. Then, he stood up, pulling her with him excitedly. He took a deep breath, cleared his throat, and looked into her bright eyes.

"My beautiful, luv, Alyssa. I want you to know how special you are to me and I feel like we got to the point of asking what I never thought I would ever ask from anyone. I didn't think I could find a fantastic woman like you, with whom I decided I want to connect my life with." He said, and kneeled down infront of her. "Therefore, darling; would you marry me?" He asked finally, taking a big diamond ring out of his pocket.

"Yes!" She said happily, tearing up as he pulled the special ring onto her finger. He stood up with the brightest smile that was ever visible on his face, and the whole crew started cheering and whistling, who were watching the event from the distance.