08 | 𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖚𝖓𝖊

We all fell silent and anxious. With a small hop, Momo managed to close the lights just before the footsteps came closer and everyone started to scrambled around for a spot to hide.

It was dark once again, I couldn't see anything especially with my eye patch on so I decided to take it off. "What are you doing Captain?" Lucas whispered while I held him close.

"Shh, hush for now."

I couldn't see the others and didn't bothered to utter 'cause I know they already had hid. We were all speechless. Dahyun who was still on my back told me to hide quickly, and so we did—under a small table. I wasn't able to have a good look-around the room, but everything was white. From the walls, floors, tables, chairs and everything—were white. It was too blinding too see.

Head bumping against the wood with a hand over Lucas' mouth, Dahyun also had difficulty fitting in. It was an uncomfortable position to be in.

My heart thumped quickly as we heard the door screech open, the footsteps followed before the light turned on blinding my left eye, it has been ages since it has seen light.

"Grr," Lucas shivered while sitting beside me, his arms were around his body. "You okay?"

"It's so cold," He shivered once more while I stayed silent. Dahyun also agreed with Lucas, saying it was cold, I couldn't relate to them at all. I couldn't feel anything. It was getting weird.

"Yah, what is she doing?" Dahyun mumbled a few seconds later, the footsteps were fading away to our left. With eyes squinted, I saw Sana crawling on the ground—a couple of feet from us. She saw us, her eyes immediately widened.

I signalled her stay down with a finger over my lip while she nodded, and wiggled behind a white counter that was parallel from ours.

Breathing heavily from the pressure, my other hand was over my mouth while Dahyun covered her own. The room was dead silent except for some commotion from the woman, one hitch of a breath would totally be audible. We kept our knees as closed to our faces—afraid it'll be seen.

The footsteps suddenly came back with its clacking, before it stopped. Sana who was peeking her head a bit, looked very terrified,
shuffled on her position from nervousness—

Bang!

We shrieked quietly, we heard bunch of things fell down behind us. I didn't had any idea what's going on. Dahyun cuddled closer to me while Lucas hugged my torso. I told them to stay quiet while they nodded.

"Ah! Where did he put the files?!" The woman wasn't in view but I could tell that she slammed down something on a table. All I know is that she was the only one in the room.

An idea popped inside my brain.

The footsteps stopped, while I adjusted my position, cautiously. "What are you doing?" Dahyun asked confused.

"Stay put, and Lucas don't leave your noona behind." I said in a very soft whisper while Lucas nodded and saluted.

"But where are you going Captain?"

"Shh, I'll be back." Dahyun, who wanted to argue and interfere decided to stay silent while I moved quietly out of the table. I was sure she didn't wanted me to do this.

I crouched down, before peeking my head up the table where a figure of a woman with a lab coat on, 6 feet away, her back faced me while she was looking through some folders in some cabinets near a table.

Watching every action she made before crouching back down onto the floor, heart thumping. Sana saw me with eyes wide open, mouth agape, shocked to see my boldness.