05 | 𝕲𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖘 𝕮𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖊𝖉

"Subscriber cannot be reached, please try again later." The automated voice said for the ninth time. I couldn't reach her. With no choice, I only dropped a message.

Should I be worried about them? I know almost everyone in our town and his voice belonged to an outsider, he lacked the accent.

With a sigh, I stood up and went towards the campfire. Worrying wouldn't give me anything other than a headache– I tried not to worry.

It was getting darker. The campfire was now lit and had dancing flames which illuminated the area. People started to sit by the fire for warmth.

Sitting down on the grass, people wore layers of clothing and was clutching on blankets. It was weird but I couldn't feel the warmth of the flames nor felt cold, still a bit dizzy from the lost of blood earlier. I'm glad it stopped. Chatters and murmurs started, just a normal night for anyone but for me it wasn't.

Devasted with my eyes closed, I laid on the grass. Thoughts running through my head, I'm always so bad at this. Overthinking and overanalyzing was my weakness.

"Eomma! There's a pirate!" My eyes shut-open, I sat up. A toddler was 2 meters away, holding a Peter-Pan toy figure. His smile was infectious.

He approached me. I'm never good with kids but this one will do. "It's my first time seeing a pirate," He grinned showing his baby teeth. Looking around, her mother wasn't in eyesight.

Scratching my head, my mind went blank. "I'm not a pirate though," His smile subsided, eyebrows furrowed. Bad move Y/n.

He pouted, "If you aren't, then what happened to your eye?" He pointed on my left eye, sitting beside me.

"Accidentally stabbed it, that's why you gotta go to school to avoid the likes of me." I said, looking straight with arms on my knees.

"But school is over-" He said in a low tone. "It's fine, your mama will teach you."

"Lucas!" A woman in a green shirt yelled which adverted both of our attention to it. "I gotta go now Captain!" He stood up and ran to her mother before waving back to me. Atleast that boy helped me relax a little.

My eyes wandered around the area, to my assumption it had 500 people or more. The clinic-tent was beside a much bigger tent, thrice it's size. Five military trucks were parked next to it, men were unloading the trunk which had a ton of boxes.

The girls weren't around, probably inside the tent. It's such a coincidence that the four of them reunited here.

A man approached, handing a clipboard. "Fill this up. It's for the inventory." I filled up the information. Name, age, status.

Kyou Y/n, 23, Single

"It's your health status-" He chuckled when he saw what I wrote. I scribbled it out, hesitating whether to write 'Healthy', I did. He thanked me before getting out of eyesight. No one needs to no about my status.

"What's with the long face?" Saeko approached, both hands in pockets, she plopped next to me. I decided to fill her in with the phone call. "That sounds sketchy."

"Sure it does."

"You'll figure it out-" She said in a soothing tone. "This place has more people than in our town," She said seriously while I agreed, she never liked crowds.

"I won't stay here for long, I'm going back home." She said, eyes determined. "Me too, only God knows if my family is on the line," I sighed.

"That's also one of the reasons why we need to go back, my brother's life is also on the line." She trailed off.