Time For The Truth

Start from the beginning

"I'm not sure, to be honest. Even if he likes me back, I'm scared. If we're not meant to be, what would we do then? Still be together until one of us meets their soulmate? I don't know the answer" entrusted Liam to him.

"I understand. It's scary to think about that possibility. Trying without assurance is the scariest thing in this world" said Louis soothingly.

"I did not expect that reaction. I thought you would be mad because he's your best friend" admitted Liam truthfully.

"Because you take everything into account and don't want to hurt him? Weird reason to be mad" looked Louis funnily at him.

"Other people would be mad" murmured Liam softly.

"But I'm not other people. I'm me and I understand your point. Still, the truth is mostly the right way. Just do whatever feels right" advised Louis him, guessing he knew who Liam was referring to.

"Thanks, Tommo. I ... Oh, Z, look at that! We bonded" spotted Liam Zayn and his whole face lit up. Louis just smiled to himself at that.

"Is that a music sheet?" inspected Zayn the mark.

"Yes, we both write lyrics" confirmed Louis his guess.

"I didn't know that, Li. I'd love to read them one day" looked Zayn softly at him.

"If you really want to, sure" blushed Liam.

"Let's get going. It's getting hot in here" stood Louis up with a laugh and wanted to acclamatory take of his jacket but then he remembered and kept it on. But it didn't go unnoticed by Zayn. Louis knew his best friend and that he was in deep shit.

With those stupid lovebirds next to him, Louis shuffled back into his dorm room but not without Zayn following him after hugging Liam goodbye. His room was empty which meant Harry was presumably with Niall. Niall, who he had a crush on and tried not to because they were only meant to be friends. Niall, who was seemingly worth Harry's love anyway. Niall, who Louis really wanted to hate but he couldn't because he actually liked him, and they were friendshiply bonded too. It was a mess.

"Okay, Tommy. What are you hiding from me?" faced Zayn him as soon as the door was closed.

"I don't know what you mean" averted Louis his gaze to the floor.

"You're acting weird. During your stupid joke you wanted to take off your jacket but abruptly stopped as if you remembered something. When we were at the beach you were the only one staying outside of the water although you were always the first one in. Even for this season, you're wearing too many wide and oversized sweaters for being inside most of the time where it's freaking hot. I know you get cold easily, but this is ridiculous. Tommy, I've known you for years and this isn't you. Why are you hiding your skin from everyone? From me?" listed Zayn a few things that he had noticed, and Louis felt really bad for lying to his best friend.

Defeated and immensely guilty, Louis took his jacket off slowly and was left in a t-shirt, revealing his bare skin for the first time since it happened. Louis kept his eyes on the floor and just scratched over the mark on his left arm, feeling all small now.

A few seconds later he could see Zayn's feet right in front of him and felt two fingers underneath his chin, lifting it up so he had to look into Zayn's eyes, which were filled with realisation and sadness. Wordlessly, Zayn hugged Louis tightly and walked them over to the bed where they just lay down with Louis in Zayn's arms.

"When did it happen?" broke Zayn the silence.

"On our first day here. I was about to leave the room and go to the café but he hit the door in my face, remember? For whatever reason, I had my timetable with me and it had fallen to the floor. After introducing himself with his full name and me saying it, he picked the paper up and read my name out loud. Immediately, I felt a burning feeling in my arm and I knew I had a mark now, but he didn't. He noticed nothing and just carelessly went on with his life. I ran outside and sat down in a corner behind the building. That's when I finally looked at it and realised this was really happening to me" revealed Louis to him with a hiccup.