"It's a waste of time..." Jake sighs, "We were at the wrong place in the wrong time."

"Y-Yeah," Sara answers.

Jake, who looked forward, only aimed his sight at Sara, who of course was worried sick. He sighs once again and leans in to her ear. Of course Sara flinches away from him. Jake squints his eyes and signals Sara in with his index finger. She chuckles awkwardly and leans in.

"Sara, you may have gone a really rough road, but you haven't killed anyone innocent... from what I know." Jake whispers very softly, "Remember the night when the man attacked me?" Jake reminds staring at his punctured hand that had healed, "You did it to protect me, it was a defensive act."

"Hey, if you're gonna say something, do it normally." An officer demands.

"A-Ah, sorry, she gets anxious in situations like this. Trying to cheer her up." Jake excuses.

The officer leaves.

"...Can you whisper to me again?" Sara asks. "It calmed me a bit..."

Jake had a confused face as he was about to deny her offer. Instead he looks around by placing his arms on the large and wooden bench's back.

"Coast is semi-clear... anyways." Jake leans on her ear once again and whispers, "So, I-"

Jake wanted to tell her how he got chased last night, but it was a bit too extreme.

"I'm sorry for not telling you about, Nate, I could bare with the pain if it meant protecting you, I could probably bare anything if it involves you getting in trouble... but the fact that scum like him would want to hook up with my best friend...back then was impossible to bare..." Jake explained, "...Funny... I can't bare his horrible personality, but you could bare with scum like me..."

"Hey, I said-" The same officer approaches.

"Hey hey, leave the love birds alone, why would they be sharing secrets surrounded by cops left and right?" A female officer... no... detective approaches them.

She had curly brown hair, fair skin with brown eyes, eye liner, red lipstick, face powder, and wearing a suit and tie.

"Name's Monica, and the detective currently tracking the serial killer you've probably seen in the news already." She explains.

"Oh, then I'm sure you know our names since we are suspects to these killings." Jake puts up an annoyed face.

"Yep, so lets start with the gal." The detective picks.

Sara flinches upon being called out.

"L-Let me go with her, she's anxious when things like this happen." Jake basically asks.

"...Choose, the sassy attitude or the helpful one. Look, I'm not happy too, to take you out of your normal lives for something you call meaningless, but I still need the most info possible and it includes the two of you... okay?" Monica squints her eyes, trying to get their sides. "Depending on your attitude you both may come in."

"I'll be helpful." Jake answers immediately.

Jake smiles at Sara who was still on edge.

The detective turns around, "Follow me."

Jake takes the opportunity to lean into her once again, but pecks her forehead.

"You'll be fine." Jake smiles.

Sara flushes upon realizing what happened. She had begun to see the young Jake again, the one that climbed trees and was full of positivity. Meanwhile he scratches the side of his head thinking to himself if it was a little too much.