Chapter 5

sorry, this is a short chapter and I haven't been posting lately I will try to keep a schedule.

Autumn

As we walked down the road I would say for about an hour Ash said " so... now that we are going on a quest, are we friends?". 

I looked at Ash's hopeful expression and Corals' blank one. (I think she might be in deep thought.) The thing about it is I don't do friends and even if I did I would be friends with Coral. I mean she seems to know the basics of tea from the conversations we had while packing more supplies for the journey. She also doesn't ask many questions for which I am thankful for and even better she respects boundaries. Now on the other hand Ash talks way too much! Also, she's a fire-bender and the woman of my village told me to never trust them. 

After all; all they do is bring destruction with them. For example, our forest. When I was around six years old and I was playing tag with a few birds and then I heard sobs so I did the illogical thing and decided to check it out. There I found a girl in burned armor the breastplate was ripped off and it seemed before now she once had beautifully colored hair. Now it was singed off of her head leaving scar marks. It seemed like she was crying, then I heard her mutter something about disappointment. As soon as I was going to introduce myself she screamed in a fit of rage and started to hit norman my favorite tree to climb. 

Then all of a sudden she kicked norman with a fiery kick and sadly norman burst into flames. Then out of desperation to stop this I ran to our leader, Holly she started the procedure to extract the tree after dosing it with water that was from the nearby streams. By the time everyone got back with water, almost the entire forest was covered in flames surrounding us. The heat and lack of oxygen were getting to me. After about ten minutes of getting water from the streams. I felt woozy and the last thing I saw was the fiery ring around me engulfing me with smoke. Then after a few weeks, I woke up. I ran outside to get fresh air and after seeing the view I cried. Half the forest was gone slowly but surely the whole village finished planting the seeds where the old trees were. After that, my memories are a bit fuzzy but I remember looking at the plain of the deceased trees that it was a fire-benders fault. In the end, I hated them.

since there were trees on the side of the road and a stream nearby we decided to take a short rest. Since it was pretty hot while Ash was nibbling on a section of a blueberry muffin I made earlier. Coral went to a tree near the stream to change into a different set of clothes. Then started practice her water-bending in peace away from the talkative Ash. I bet getting to my place was annoying enough with ash constantly talking and asking questions. I wonder how ash tagged along in the first place. Eventually, I started to sweat and the water looked cool at the moment I just wanted to relax in the cool embrace of the water. So, I changed into more suitable clothes for swimming and immersed myself in the cool embrace of the water. 

Once Coral realized I was there she splashed water on me. This got me annoyed and wanted a payback so I did the most logical thing and splashed water on her. Soon it was a water fight and Coral started to use her water-bending to her advantage. In the end, we were soaked and Ash was in a deep sleep with muffin crumbs on her shirt. Since she was sleeping we decided to set up camp. After all, the sun was going down. So I and my friends (animal friends obviously) started to set up the tent that I had in my closet that I packed for corals' journey. While I set up the tent she woke up Ash. Well I know she did by the scream and fire in the distance. 

I think Ash puts fire on anything that disturbs or scares her when she's sleeping. I made a mental note of that as Coral quickly drenched the sleeping coral and made a shield of water to prevent her from getting burned on the skirt. The skirt itself was once a full piece and simple. Now it's burned to a crisp. Without thinking I find Coral's bag, get a spare change of Ash's shorts, and put them on Coral before she notices what's going on. Surprised Coral jumped and the water that she was bending was soon on Ash's face. Ash woke up with a start gagging water, soaked to the bone. I laughed before running away from Ash so that she wouldn't blast me with a bunch of fiery blasts.