Chapter 3

Dedicated to my best friends for being there, your my Ash and Autumn.

Hi, sorry I haven't been posting lately a lot of things have been happening.

 I will try and keep up a regular schedule and post as often as I can. 

Enjoy the story!

Coral

I watched as Ash walked off into the forest. Now what? She said she wanted me to figure out the camp situation of course. But I don't know how to do that! Despite not having a plan, I skimmed the land with my eyes, searching for anything useful. WAIT I CAN'T SEE! It's way too dark to see what's going on. All I can do in this lighting is make out vague shapes. The starlight, though beautiful, is in no way capable of providing enough light!

Wait.

Maybe this is her plan.

SHE COULD BE GOING OUT THERE TO GET A WEAPON! THIS WHOLE THING COULD BE HER LURING A DEFENSELESS GIRL OUT INTO THE WOODS, WAITING TILL NIGHTFALL, AND KILLING ME WHERE NO ONE WOULD FIND MY BODY!

I mean it all fits in perfectly! No one knows where I am! And she knows that! Why? BECAUSE I TOLD HER! Why, why did I tell some random person I just met about my situation? Supidstupidstupid!

I felt all my senses sharpen. The breeze seemed to pick up as I slowly began turning in place. The sound of dead leaves crackling around me keeping me on edge. Every slight noise I heard caused me to snap in that direction. It's so loud. Why, WHY is everything so loud? My inhales were sharp and shallow. It's like I was suffocating. My legs shook uncontrollably as the air went unbearably cold. Every shadow seemed to twist and turn into a horrific nonhuman figure. My mind was racing with thoughts of the indescribable pain. As my eyes darted around the scenery I imagine all the ways she could use them to kill me. Everything I saw in the daylight no longer looked to be a serene forest, but rather a playhouse of weapons for the psychopath I'm traveling with. She could beat me with a tree branch until I bleed to death. She could throw me down and crack my head open on a rock. She could snap my neck with her bare hands, burning my corpse until no evidence of my death remains.

"Coral...?"

Everything stopped. I couldn't move. I didn't even hear her coming.

I tried to lift my legs to run away, or lift my hands to bend, or even just put my arms up for defense but...nothing.

I was completely paralyzed.

Despite the adrenaline pumping through my veins, all I could do is stand there.

Helpless.

This is it.

This is how I die.

I shut my eyes as tight as I could, hoping that I would open them to the sight of my room. All this being just a bad dream. But it never happened.

My eyes sprung open at the sound of a snap.

The clear sound cutting through all the thoughts in my head.

But...

I was ok.

Everything was quiet again.

And in front of me, was Ash.

The same as she was before, holding a bundle of sticks in her arm. Waving her free hand in front of my face.

"Hey? Are you ok? I've been trying to get your attention for a while now."