.5.

My nails tapped impatiently across the clipboard that I held in my hands.
"Come on Dom. I need to know what the order is."
I rolled my eyes as I took a seat on a nearby stool watching Dom analyze the engine of one of his multiple projects. With his hand placed loosely over his mouth he gazed over the parts of the car and its rusted body that still needed to be restored.
I took the clipboard and began fanning myself. The temperature was a blistering 97 today and it was worse sitting inside the metal garage. No amount of fans of window AC's units were cooling us off today.
"Just leave it as it is for now." Dom finally acknowledged my question and proceeded to run his hands over a different vehicle as he explained to Jesse what he wanted done.
"What about parts and service?" I called from my seat looking down at the paper work I was attempting to complete and file for him. As he continued to walk away and towards the front of the shop he called out, "Hold off on it for now."
"Dom." I called after him with half an eye roll. "Dom I don't know what to do with it!" I tossed my hands in the air as he stood underneath one of the lifted cars that Vince and Leon were analyzing. I spun around once in my stool as a mumbled to myself, "I Can't fill out the paperwork without the parts list and service costs. He knows this." When my spinning had brought me back around to my original spot I formed a finger gun and pointed it in Doms direction.
"As tempting as it is; it really wouldn't solve anything. He'd just walk it off."
Letty suddenly appeared beside me a humorous smile.
"Then can I shoot myself?" I closed my eyes as I leaned my arm back so my pointed fingers tips would touch my forehead.
Letty gave a chuckle as she pulled down my hand and gave it a squeeze.
"You really would leave me alone with him."
"Yes. You have Mia."
"It's not the same though." She whined playfully.
Suddenly, Out of nowhere a tow truck came in front of the shop with a serious crap load on the back of it. Letty and I exchanged confused expressions before looking at Dom.
All of us migrated towards the front of the garage as Brian came around from the driver's seat of the truck.
Dom smiled humorously as he eyed the pile of scrap metal Brian was carrying. He gave a nod towards the car as Letty and I came forward.
"Alright, what the hell is it?" Dom asked with his arms crossed over his chest.
"It's your car."
"My car?" Dom pointed to himself before glancing over at the 95 Toyota lemon. "I asked for a 10-second car not a 10-minute car."
"You could push it across the finish line." Jesse suggested as he hit the side of the it with his elbow, "or tow."
"You couldn't even tow that across the finish line." Dom shook his head lightly as his smile grew wider.
Letty gave a light snort. I bit the inner corner of my lip to prevent myself from laughing too.
"No faith." Brian added with a bright smile.
"Oh, I have faith in you but this isn't a junkyard, it's a garage."
Leon and Vince both gave scoffs to which I responded with an eye roll.
"Pop the hood." Brian stated confidently.
"Pop the hood?" Dom repeated in skepticism and turned back to look at Letty and I before moving around towards the front of the car.
"Does it have a hood?" I mumbled to Letty as we followed Dom. She withheld a laugh and shrugged her shoulders lightly at my question.
When Dom popped the hood I saw Jesse's eyes bug-out of his head.
"It's a 2JZ engine." Jesse gawked as Letty and I came in for a closer look.
"No shit." I said to Letty who was impressed herself. I glanced over at Brian with my mouth slightly agape. He smiled and shot me a quick wink.
"Alright, I retract my previous statement." Dom nodded satisfied with the display.
"This will decimate all if you put about...15 grand in it. Or more, if we overnight parts from Japan." Jesse wheels were turning. He was a real whiz and had a mind for engineering. I could see him sketching everything out in his mind of what the team could do with this car.
Dom ran a hand over his head after thinking it over for a few minutes, "Alright, well put it on my tab at Harry's."
"Yes!" Jesse cheered as Leon and Vince meandered back over to the car they had been working on. Letty went over to Harrys to prep the parts order.
"Well CJ," Dom gave a head nod towards the car before looking at me, "Do you think Mickey would loan me some more imports?"
"For sure, I got you covered this time." I replied while smiling confidently.
"Just don't forget to pay him back, alright." I raised a finger at him firmly before giving a light shove in the shoulder.
"You still owe him half for last time."
"Believe me he'll get double if he can have those parts sent in."
"Okay I'll go see what he can do." With that I walked out the open garage, across the street.
I could feel eyes on me as me as I walked away. I'd say it was the shorts but Doms looked at my ass in jeans and dresses the same way before, it didn't matter really. I didn't need to turn around to know the expression he had. It was focused, admiring, controlling and made me nauseated. I gave a slight nod towards Letty when I saw her come out of Harrys shop. She raised her brows slightly, in acknowledgement, before making her way over towards me.
"He still eyeing my ass." I said after we walked a few feet.
"Most likely." She replied casually as she gave a quick look over her shoulder.
"I don't understand how you're okay with it." I pressed my lips together before shaking my head.
"I don't mind him eyeing your ass because I know he's not gonna touch it." She spoke in a low blunt manner.
I let out a light laugh, "And you know Mia's totally blind to it too. She doesn't see how he treats me different."
"Yeah we're all family and he's protective of each of us in his own way. I know he doesn't mean some of the things he says and does to you. You just mean a lot to him. I think he also knows how much you don't have to stay here."
I raised my brows in surprise, "Why would I leave? I chose to be here."
"Yeah, exactly, but you don't have to. There is nothing tying you here. You're a smart girl. You can do whatever you want it. He senses that."
"And acts like an a-whole."
She gave a bright smile, "Hell yeah because he doesn't want you to leave for something or someone else."
I looked at her skeptically when she mentioned "someone."
"His eyes weren't the only ones checking you as you walked out Charlie.
My expression didn't change. I wouldn't believe it.
"Oh don't play dumb with me girl-"
"I'm not playing dumb with anyone Letty. I'm just tired of people assuming shit. Mia started this crap with me at home."
"It's not assuming when it's facts." She slowly spat back at me with her arms crossed over her chest.
"You're the one who's being blind."
"I'm not interested in being with anybody!"
"That's fine then but stop living in denial, okay?"
I nodded slowly as I shifted my gaze towards the ground in frustration.
"And make sure if you say no, that it's something you want to do."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"It means that just because Dom claims to be Alpha doesn't mean that he gets to dictate your every decision."
I thought on her words for a moment even though I rather just dismiss them. I wasn't concerned about Dom making decisions for me...even though he usually did. I lived and breathed my family, this team. They are everything I have and I have never wanted anything else.
"And When have I ever let Dom play Alpha over me?" I witted back with prissy smile after turning things over in my head.
She smiled and put both her hands onto my shoulders, "Thats my girl. You know I'm here as backup anytime. Ride together?" She held out on fist for me to bump it.
"Ride together." I smirked as out fists met.
Thankfully, Mickey was able to overnight all the parts in immediately. We'd have them tomorrow and could begin working on restoring the beast to its new claimed glory.
________________________________
Ride or Die 🤍🖤
Who's ready for the 9th film?!!
-Nyx

The Quarter Mile (Fast and Furious)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें