Chapter 10: End of The Master

Start from the beginning

Sully snarls at her, tears stream down Astra's face as she touched a nerve. "Not even Dormammu?" Stephen questions her, making her smile fall. "He offers immortality," he states, stepping towards her. "It's our fear of death that gives Dormammu life. He feeds of it," she informs him, Mordo steps to her side as Stephen was in front of her. "As you feed off him?" he questions her.

Standing right in front of her, "You talk to me about controlling death? Oh, I know how you do it. We've seen the missing rituals from The Book of Cargilostro." he warns her. "Measure your next words very carefully, doctor." The Ancient One warns him, then Astra steps up next to Stephen. "And I suggest you measure yours," she warns her right back, the green mist flowing through her hands as Sully was right next to Stephen. "Because you might not like them?" Stephen questions her. "Because you may not know of what you speak," she assures him.

Astra just glares at her, "Not what we speak? You really want to take your little secret of immortality to your grave?" Astra questions her. But The Ancient One just looks at her, "What are they talking about?" Mordo asks her. "We're talking about her long life, the source of her immortality. She draws power from the Dark Dimension to stay alive." Stephen answers.

But Mordo just scoffs at the thought. "That's not true." he states, "We've seen the rituals. You work them out." Stephen tells him, "I know how you do it." he informs her, but she does her best not to react. "Once they regroup the Zealots will be back. You'll need reinforcements," she informs him and walks away.

Astra informs deeply as she steps away, flexing her hands as she was trying to control her flaring temper, Sully steps towards her and nuzzles into her side. Mordo looks back at them, "She's not who you think she is." Stephen said to him, "You don't have the right to say that. You have no idea the responsibility that rests upon her shoulders." Mordo informs them. "No, and I don't want to know." Stephen states as he turns back to them, "You're a coward." Mordo said to him.

Astra opens her eyes and looks back at him. "Coward? You call us coward because we don't simply take away a life?" she questions him, "These zealots will snuff us all out and you can't muster the strength to snuff them first?" Mordo questions her. "What did you think I just did?" Stephen shouts at him. "You saved your own life!" Mordo asks, but Stephen shook his head, "No, I did it to save Astra." he reminds him.

Mordo threw up his hands, "And you whined about it like a wounded dog." he states, then Stephen steps towards him, "Oh, you would have done it so easily." he questions. "You've no idea the things I've done. And the answer is yes. Without hesitation." he answers and Astra steps in front of him, "Then you're no different from Kaecilius." she snaps at him, he glares down at her, biting his bite. "What if there was another way?" Stephen questions him.

Mordo glares back at Stephen, "There is no other way." he growls. "You lack imagination," Stephen reports. "No, Stephen. You lack a spine." he informs him and Astra shoves him back, "And you lack compassion." she reports and Mordo glares down at her, "I will not like another word from you, Nephilim." he states, pointing at her, but the name he used immediately caught her attention. "What did you just call me?" she questions him.

Cursing to himself he turns away, "Oh no, you don't get to walk away. What did you call me?" she snaps again, as he came to a stop and looks at her. "Nothing you need to concern yourself with," he answers, but she pressed on. "The zealot, right before he died, he called me a Nephilim as well, that time would die with me," she states. Mordo inhales as he said nothing. "How long?" she questions.

Mordo looks over his shoulder, "What?" he asks, "How long did you know and pretended to be my friend?" she questions him, making him turns to her. "I can't answer that," he answers. And that was all she needed. "Did the Ancient One know too?" she questions him again.