A year long of misery and torture.

And finally, when I saw her again, I knew that my love for her had not changed.

"She's here!" Jenna informed excitedly and that made me feel even more nervous.

I stood up from my chair and waited until she came in view.

Hazel smiled and waved at Suzy who also greeted me. She turned to me and we both held each other's gaze as she walked towards me.

Like the first time that I saw her, I could not contain my happiness and excitemetn. Like the first time that we met, she wore a white dress, her hair was up and she looked perfectly beautiful as she always did.

I met her halfway and led her to our table. When we both sat down, she looked around.

"Wow, you outdid yourself." she said.

I chuckled and looked around as well.

We were by the Luna Flumine river where the pack had prepared a dinner for us. They had even decorated the place, they put up lights around the place and put many flowers around. There was even music playing in the background.

The sun was setting and the river was flowing peacefully. The moment couldn't even be more perfect.

"It's all them." I say and looked towards where the pack helpers are that were on their way with food on their hands.

Throughout the night, everything went well. Hazel and I talked lengthily over food.

It was mostly asking each other what we had been up to in the year that we were separated.

When we fell in a comfortable silence, I had remembered that I had something to give back to her.

I pulled out a velvet box from my pocket and I could already see her surprised reaction. I smiled and opened it slowly.

"Th-that's..."

"It was the ring that I gave you when we were by the beach," I started and took out the golden ring with a ruby. I lifted my hand towards her as a sign to ask if she could give me her hand. "I found it at our room when I came back from Jessica's mate's pack and found that you were gone." I explained.

She bit her lip and slowly raised her hand.

"Y-yeah... I always wondered what happened to the ring. Now, I remember throwing it out in a fury."

I chuckled at what she said, I could imagine her doing so.

"Do you remember what I told you when I first gave you this ring?"

Hazel's lips tugged upwards in a sweet smile and that made me smile also.

"Of course."

"Humans give each other rings as a symbol of their love, loyalty and a promise to keep on loving them no matter what happens. I know that we didn't have a perfect relationship and in hindsight, we're both still learning. Maybe I wasn't able to keep my promise to you the first time around, but if you will give me the chance, this time around I'll make sure I keep it."

Hazel's eyes had unshed tears and the light that reflected on it made it seem like her eyes was water that sparkled.

"Oh, Archer. We both made our mistakes and you weren't the only one who wasn't able to keep that promise, I wasn't too. Will you also give me the chance to make sure I keep my promise this time?"

I smiled widely and slid the ring on her ring finger. She took a moment to look at it and then stood up from her chair and came to me.

Standing up, I embraced her back and at that moment, we slowly put our painful past behind.

Separating for a while, I stared at her in the eyes and smiled, trying to keep myself together as well. The emotions that I felt at the moment were heavy and overflowing, but I had one more question to ask her.

"Hazel, will you take me as your mate and be my Luna?"

She stared back and she thought for a bit. As she didn't answer, my heart was beating in anxiousness.

"I wouldn't think of having anybody else. I, Hazel Sonder, accept Archer Hamilton as my true mate and to be his Luna."

Hearing her say the words, my heart became whole again. It was my turn to hold back the water that threatened to fall.

But I was failing at it. I held her hands tightly as I looked down so she wouldn't see. So she would not notice, but Hazel was Hazel.

She touched my chin and lifted my face up.

It was embarrassing but we looked like fools shedding tears in a brightly lit and flowery place at the side of a river and I hoped that none of the pack helpers were lingering so they wouldn't see their leaders as the emotional wreck that we currently are.

"I love you, Hazel and I will love you for the time to come."

"I love you too, Archer. With all my imperfectness, I love you."

The End