"Yeah, yeah. You can have a swing at me later. Get out of bed and head over to Malarkey's." 

After a bit more grumbling from the other end of the phone, Aiden shot me a concerned expression. "Because we have to find Summers a boyfriend that won't suck." 

...

Tate nearly spat out his beer as I finished catching him up on my current problem. "Are you serious?!?" he said behind his hand as he tried to keep the beer in his mouth.

He started laughing but then stopped when neither Aiden or I joined in. "What? That wasn't a joke?" He took another swig of his pint and leaned back on his bar stool. 

The three of us sat inside of Malarkey's Bar. A colorful Irish pub with oak tables and colorful bottles which lined the back of the bar that made up most of the place. We were sitting at one of the only high-top tables. A pool table, jukebox and the bar stools that lined the bar made up the rest. The song "An Irish Pub Song" by The Rumjacks played in the background.

"How did you even end up in a forced boyfriend contract?!?" Tate asked, with a groan.

"Because I was an idiot and didn't read the contract carefully!" I replied, placing my head on the table with a thump. 

"Well... I guess you'll never forget to read the fine print ever again," Tate replied with a forced chipper tone.

"Not helping," I muttered. 

"Hang in there kid, we'll figure this out," Tate said poking me on the head in what I guessed was supposed to be a comforting gesture. 

I tilted my head up and looked at him with a dejected look. "How?" 

He gave me a sad smile. "Well, your agent was right. We have a pretty good crap radar." Tate took another swallow of his pint and then rubbed his hands together, growing excited.

"We've worked with a lot of people. Chances are we can find someone who doesn't suck... Or at least, the least sucky one."

I crossed my arms, unconvinced. "You make it sound like this is going to be fun."

Tate shrugged. "It can be."

"Then YOU date one of them then!" I snapped.

Tate snorted. "Pretty sure they are all pretty boys and that isn't really my type. So hand me the list of YOUR future boyfriends and let's get the party started." 

I shot him an annoyed look before pushing the folder across the table towards Aiden and Tate. Aiden opened the folder without a word and both boys ducked down over the files scanning the names. 

As they looked over the pages, Aiden's eyes went wide and Tate whistled, their faces transforming into incredulous looks as they glanced at each other.

"What?" I didn't like the reaction they had. It made it look like they were looking at pictures of a bloodbath. Crap. My love life is a crime scene. 

Tate hesitated before standing to his feet. "I'll be right back. We are gonna need a few drinks. What do you want?" 

"Long Island Ice Tea," I answered feeling numb.

Tate walked off, leaving me alone with Aiden. 

I tapped my fingers against the table, ticking out a beat of nerves. "I really don't like this Aiden." 

He nodded, jaw tense as he continued to scan through the pages. "I know." 

I had wanted him to say more. To say that it bothered him. That he didn't want me to date a stranger. But he didn't. He sat there, eyes glued to the list, like it was just another day of work. Which it probably was. I hadn't known him long enough to be thought of as anything other than a work assignment.