32

I don't usually do trigger warnings but I feel like these are some topics that (while I depict them poorly) are more triggering than just our usual gore. Also, I decided I'm going to go ahead with the bonus piece. So that will be at the end of the chapter.

TW: Mentions of : suicide, victim blaming, sexual abuse

...

(Asher)

I was driving around the city, I couldn't go home thanks to Mikaela deciding it was time for Yuu to see the house and I didn't have anything else to do. It was already 8pm and I was going to sneak in at 10 no matter what, I was not about to risk my near perfect sleep schedule for that asshole.

Things were... complicated. I had the power to turn this situation around completely, all that power was in my hands and I wasn't using it all for a stupid deal. Honestly, Mikaela was right, I made a dumb choice. My original intention was to use the paper to convince Yuu to leave him, but if Mikaela had already willingly hurt Yuu, it would be too late.

Not only that, but it seemed like Yuu flat out didn't care. It was worrying me. Brighton said that Ray covered almost everything about the past and Yuu did not give a shit which is understandable I suppose, but he didn't give a shit about what's happening in the present either. It didn't feel right. Something was off. There's a difference between loving someone too much to reprimand them (an unhealthy trait, might I add) and whatever the fuck Yuu is doing. He was getting help for Mikaela which means he KNOWS somethings wrong. He even seems to know that his choice of staying is wrong, but he's still here. In the past, Mikaela and Yuu were a match made in hell if I ever saw it. Mikaela was violent and obsessed and Yuu was an opportunist who used Mikaela to his advantage until a better opportunity came along. I had a gut feeling that that match had been relit, stronger than before and bright enough to fit present circumstances.

I just couldn't figure out what Yuu's endgame could possibly be.

Further more, I didn't understand how I was the only one who seemed to see it. My guess was some people, like his parents and Yoichi, weren't aware of the current situation at all, while others, like Ray and Mikaela, didn't know enough to tell if anything was off. Ray didn't know what Yuu was actually like, and while Mikaela did know of Yuu's dark streak, he didn't know that Yuu knew what happened in the past. This put me in an awkward middle spot that I didn't know how to handle. I could try to talk to him about it but I knew damn well my best bet was to walk away from this situation. But I couldn't walk away for the very same reason I almost let slip to Yuu in the car:

I still loved Yuu. So I couldn't let him get too deep into this.

...

(Mika)

I swirled my drink around with my straw, Yuu had gotten a phone call while we were in the middle of heckling If I Stay. Yuu had been getting a lot of phone calls this week. I didn't like that. He was always so secretive with them as well, it made me wonder if he was cheating. But then I remembered I was far too up his ass for him to possibly be cheating. I had tried to go through his phone before using his thumb while he was sleeping, I know he had made quite the habit of looking through my phone, he even took some pictures. When I looked through his phone I found nothing. When I say nothing, I don't mean I didn't find any dirt, I mean there was virtually nothing. The only contacts in his phone were his grandfather, Shinoa (who upon further inspection was blocked), Mitsuba, Yoichi, Guren, Shinya, Me, Kimizuki, a number titled 'POS' which I recognized as Ray, Asher, and his patients. He had very little photos and I couldn't find the ones he took of my phone, he had a few games, and most interestingly he had no call logs of the number that kept contacting him nor Akane.