[35] Real Life

Delaney sat in her trailer while her makeup artist finished up. She checked her phone to see a text from Avangeline saying that Sam picked the last of his things up today. Some relief came over and she sighed. "You nervous for today?" Her artists asked.

"Not nervous just kind of...yeah nervous. This will be my first kiss with Tom in a long time. It's going to be weird."

Delaney headed to set, seeing Tom talking to Anthony and Sebastian. "And there's our superstar. You ready?" Sebastian asked. Tom stood staring at her, thinking about being able to kiss her again. He took noticed of the casual clothes they put her in for the scene, a tank top, cardigan, and some leggings. Her hair was down and straight how he always used to love it but it was a bit shorter than he remembered.

"Ready as I'll ever be." Delaney was doing the same, looking over Tom with mixed emotions crawling all over her. She loved how he looked in the fitting sweater and jeans, his hair curly and the beard on his face made him look so much more serious.

"Alright well let's roll then. Take it from the top of the scene where you walk through the door Laners." Anthony said walking with Sebastian to the directors chairs while the actors walked to their set spots.

Tom was sat on the couch and Delaney walked around the set to get to the door. "Action!"

She whipped the door open and closed it just as fast as it opened. "Jesus Christ, Olivia."

"I'm not in the mood, Neil."

"Clearly not since you slammed the door shut."

"What did you expect from me after finding out I can't ever have kids?"

"Olivia we talked about this, there are other options out there."

"It's doesn't matter, Neil! I want to have a baby of my own! I wanted to carry a baby in my uterus. SOMETHING MADE BY US! It's not fair, everyone else around me is having babies and I'm the only one who can't. You have no idea how that feels."

"I have no idea how it feels? I go to work everyday with colleagues who constantly talk about their children. It breaks my heart that I can't even add to the conversation because I don't have a child. But I'm hopeful enough because there are so many different ways of having a baby." She huffed and threw her purse on the counter. "What is so wrong with having a surrogate or adopting a child?"

"Because I don't want someone else to carry my child! I don't want anyone else to have your baby, I want to have your babies! It should be me! We could try to adopt but, but what if the mother changes her mind? What if she wants to keep the baby? What if the surrogate wants to keep the baby? It's not fucking fair!" Tears left her eyes as she screamed. He ran over to her from the couch, hoping to calm her down but she just pushed him away.

"Olivia you have to stop pushing me away."

"Why? You're just going to hate me down the line when we don't have a baby or a child to watch walk across the stage. I have to live with the inability to provide you with a child. I have to live with never being able to carry a baby in my uterus but all of these teenagers get knocked up on accident and I can't get pregnant on purpose? It really sucks finding out my uterus wasn't built to have a baby. It doesn't make any fucking sense!"

"I'm not going to leave you!" She shouted at her and grabbed her face in his hands. "I fucking love you, Olivia. For better or for worse. I'm not leaving you because you can produce children, I'm not leaving you for anything. I married you because I love you and you make me the happiest man in the world. Please stop saying that I'm going to leave you just because of this."

Delaney hesitated before making the next move in the scene. She leaned into Tom and connected their lips in a fiery kiss of emotions from the scene. From the real life. Butterflies formed in both of their stomachs when Tom slid his hands down to her back, locking them and pulling her tightly to him. Delaney locked her arms around his neck and lifted her feet off her ground. She hasn't felt this much passion in a kiss since the last time her and Tom were intimate. Even then it wasn't this passionate though. The feelings that were pushed back down were pulling out with the scene.

Tom pulled his hand to her head and pulled her closer if it was possible. He missed the feeling of their lips on each other's, he missed holding her so close to him. He never felt this with Bethany, it was nothing even close to this kind of passion.

"Cut!" Tom pulled away slowly from Delaney, locking eyes with her. He held her face in his hands hoping he'd never have to let go of again but knew he had to. "That was great you guys! We were almost in tears we could feel it!" Sebastian came over and tapped the actors on their shoulders smiling at how his planned had obviously begun to work.

"Everyone can take five!" Anthony yelled and the crew dispersed. Tom and Delaney both turned on their heels and headed towards their nearing trailers but both stopped at the doors.

"You did good." In unison they spoke, earning a chuckle from each other. "You did good. It feels good to be acting together again." Delaney spoke, holding the handle to the door with one of her shakey hands.

"Thanks you too." Tom went to entered but stopped and Delaney noticed, staring at him. "Delaney, would you like to go to dinner tonight?"

She was so taken aback but felt like it was the first time all over again. Tom asked her out the night they met at a mutual friends party all those years ago but she feels like she's in the same spot. Her stomach full of butterflies, a pink blush on her cheeks. "Sure." She replied with a smile and stepped into her trailer, feeling that true love all over again.