10. Baby, This Is Paradise

Start from the beginning

We spent the rest of the afternoon going to lunch and getting our nails done; we came to the mall about an hour ago and were in the middle of grabbing a smoothie when my phone began to ring.

"Hello." I answer nodding a thank you to the guy handing me my strawberry smoothie.

"Well hello gorgeous." I hear the all too familiar voice of Jaime run through the speaker.

"Hi handsome." I reply with a grin, getting Spencer to roll her eyes at me with a smile.

"How's your day going? Did you get my note?"

"Yes I did, thank you for the flowers and the gift card, you seriously didn't have to do that." I say taking a drink of my smoothie.

"Yes I did, you deserve it." I begin to smile like a teenage girl getting a compliment from her crush.

"What are you up to now?" He asks.

"I'm at the mall with Spencer, and then probably home after. Seeing as it's almost four and I'm expected to be home at six, but there's just nothing else to do." I say agreeing to a shirt Spencer holds up for me to see.

"Ooh well then I need to finish up here so I can meet you at home." He says suddenly in a rushed tone.

"I didn't know you guys had a meeting today?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows.

"Uh we didn't, I came to see a good friend of mine about a thing I'm doing." I tilt my head slightly nervous as to what he's up to, but decide not to prod.

"Oh okay, well I'll let you finish up there and then meet you at home." I say.

"Okay baby, I love you and I'll talk to you at home." He says following with a quick goodbye then hanging up.

"That was weird." I say looking at Spencer whose texting on her phone.

"Huh? What's weird?" She says placing her phone in her back pocket.

"Jaime, he's up to something." I say.

"He's always up to something. Hey how about we see a movie." She says more as more of a command than suggestion.

"What? You were just saying at lunch how there's nothing good showing." I point out confused.

"Oh well I just remembered I want to see that one movie, come on let's go check the timings!" She grabs my arm and twirls me around then races out the door with me dragging closely behind her.

"Two for Tammy please." Spencer says to the ticket guy before taking the tickets and once again dragging me into the theater.

An hour and a half later we came out of the theater and proceeded to her car parked in the parking garage of the mall.

"That was such a cute movie, don't you think?" She asks as we get in the car and buckle our seats.

"Yeah it was, now will you tell me why you're acting so weird?" I say getting to the point.

"Well, way to kill the great atmosphere miss kill joy." She says squinting her eyes at me playfully.

I laugh and shake my head.

"Whatever, proceed to my house please. It's already six and I should've been home by now." I say pointing to the digital clock above the radio.

We drive up to the house and I notice Jaime's car parked on the curb instead of in the garage but decide not to be too concerned in his parking decisions.

"Thank you for the fun today, I'll call you tomorrow or something." I say climbing out of her car and walking to the door.

I walk inside to an empty house immediately getting confused as to Jaime's whereabouts.