Chapter 10 (Falling for him)

Start from the beginning

"And I hate you. I hate everything about you." I finally saw the hurt creep under his facial features. Most visible in his eyes. Now I knew where it hurt the most.

"And you want to know who I love?" I saw the same flames in his eyes that were burning my soul down to ashes.

"Yes that same guy you almost killed. I can happily sacrifice my life so that no harm reaches him, yes that's how much I love him." I smirked sarcastically at the end. I was lying of course, but anything to hurt him. His face flushed in a matter of seconds, the veins on his temples popped out and his eyes went pitch black. He pushed my face close to his, his cold palm on the back of my neck sent shivers down my spine.

"What if he dies kitten?" His voice was colder than his hand.

I was terrified but I couldn't show it. Not now, not ever.

"Then I'll hate you even more." I hissed back. At this point I didn't care about my life, I'd gladly accept death over this miserable life as his captive.
He left me with a quick jerk and stood up in rage, I shut my eyes closely, I was prepared for the worse. But I heard his footsteps going away towards the door. He slammed the door behind him. I was left alone with tons of dreadful thoughts and ominous quietness in the room.

*************

The day of marking

Beta and his pack members left them at the boundary of Horsford woods. Layla tried to run back in the direction of Northstar pack but was held back by Thomas. She was way too stubborn.

"Stop right here miss Rebel." She turned her head around to see her arm locked in his hand.

"Since you saved my life I'll give you ten seconds to leave my arm or I'll give you a knee where it hurts the most." Thomas giggled at her rebellious spirit.

"So appreciative of you." He loosened his grip on her arm.

"But where are you trying to go?"

"Guantanamo Bay or whatever you call that fucking place where my sister is." She started walking towards the territory again, Thomas followed him.

"You think you can help her after the encounter you just had?"

"You trynna threaten me?" She swinged back and held him from his collar.

"Not at all. Just trying to help." He raised both his hands in surrender.

"I know you all are playing good cop bad cop with us. But Sir, I'm afraid you chose a wrong subject." Although deep inside she didn't believe it herself. He attacked one of his own and put his life in danger to save someone he had never seen.

"I can't help it if you think like that but I just want you to be safe."

"And why's that?" She raised her eyebrow in question.

"Because you are my precious mate."

He mentally measured the distance between her knee and his groin and decided not to mouth this thought. Instead he said:

"I'll save the answer for a later time. But you can trust me."

"Trust my foot."

"Try me." Layla was half convinced after looking in his eyes but she wanted full surety.

"Take me where my sister is."

Thomas let out a sigh, they were back to square one.

"It's not safe."

"I don't care."

"He is not going to hurt her, I assure you." He did a futile attempt but he knew she was way too stubborn and resolute.