Chapter 0: A Realization Under Lunala's Sky

Comenzar desde el principio

"Ahh, I don't underst-OUCH!" My head plops on the rooftop of Professor Kukui's house. For some reason, I thought it was a good idea to look at the stars from up here...

"You alright up there, kiddo?" I could hear the same professor's voice ask, concerned. He was poking his head out from the rooftop window: the same window used to get up here. "That sounded painful."

"It was, but I'll be fine." I shrugged off the pain and sat up again. "Hey Professor, can we... go for a walk?"

"Sure Ash, but don't Bounce off the roof like your Ninja Frog did a bit ago. Come back in safely." His head went back inside, followed by the entirety of myself.

_____

The walk on the sandy beach was very silent, aside from the waves hitting our feet. I left Pikachu and all the other Pokémon behind, because I don't think I could break this quietness unless I did. Once we were far enough away from the house, I stopped moving and spoke up.

"Hey, Professor... I think something's wrong with me..."

"What do you mean, Ash?" The man walked forward a bit more before facing me. "You look perfectly fin-"

"I don't mean physically... I think..." I turned to face the ocean again, the waves splashing on my ankles just a bit. "I mean... I do feel something go BUMBAM in my chest a lot and my mind... all my thoughts just go like WOOOSH and KABAM, replaced with something I can't stop thinking about..." I could feel my face go red again. Why?

"Ash, that's a perfectly normal feeling to what you're going though." I could feel him turning me to face his direction again. "I know this, because I felt it, too. I still do, sometimes."

A few tears fell from my face, unwanted confusion being a bother. "Then what is this feeling?!"

My father figure cupped his hands on my cheeks and bent down to my level, making sure I could see his smile. "That, Ash, is part of the feeling called Love."

"Love...?" I still felt confused, but somewhat relived he seems to know what I'm talking about.

"I can see you're still confused. I'm not surprised." A small chuckle came from him.

"Hey! This is serious!"

"Sorry. Let me ask you something. This something you can't stop thinking about... is it actually someone?" I quickly try and hide my face from him, suddenly feeling it go all red again. "I'll take that as a yes."

"Professor!" I'm completely sure my face is now as red as a Tamato Barry.

"Anyway," he turned me back to the direction of the ocean, a small breeze now coming by, "I'm going to explain Love in the most Simple way I can, so I don't Confuse you anymore then you actually are." He took a deep breath. "I know you have a big heart and care about every person and Pokémon you meet. Think of your friends and how much they mean to you, then think of that someone. The feeling is a bit more extreme, right?"