Chapter 28- The Ceremony Part 2

Your POV

Danny put his fingers to his mouth and let out a piercing whistle, making the crowd go silent and turn around. When they saw you and Danny standing there, the crowd went wild and erupted into more cheers. Danny smiled at you and started to slowly walk through the crowd, waving at people and taking photos. You made your way along the other side, and did the same. You were nervous for sure, but how nice the people were made your job easier. You got to one girl in particular, who couldn't have been any older than five, and she had a white wig on that was styled like yours. You went over to her and crouched down to her level. Her big blue eyes went wide and she grinned. Her mom watched proudly from behind, filming the whole thing.

"Here," she said very quietly, and handed you a beautiful white rose, and you felt yourself tear up.

"Thank you so much," you said and then opened your arms. She looked to her mom and she nodded in approval, then the girl quickly went under the barrier and ran into your arms, squeezing you tight. You hugged her back then she made her way back to her mom, you following close behind.

"Thank you, too," you told her mother. Her mom laughed and shook her head.

"It was all her idea. I just bought her the flower." You nodded and then waved once more to the girl, who waved back. Then, clutching the rose tightly, you continued down the path. You took some more photos, and watched Danny show off as you rolled your eyes playfully. He caught your eye and came over to you, clasping your hand again for the rest of the way down the carpet. He nodded at the rose still in your hand.

"You have a new fan?" You giggled and he stopped and took the rose from you. He then placed it gently in your hair behind your ear and the crowd went wild. You felt yourself blush and Danny chuckled. Then, when you got to the door, you stopped and turned back to the crowd, giving one last wave as people chanted your names and shouted out how much they loved you.

This was beyond anything you ever imagined. People used to despise ghosts, especially Phantom. Who would've thought that they would change from hating them to loving them? Just then the doors to the hall swung open for you and Danny to enter. He squeezed your hand in reassurance and you entered the building.

As you entered, the hall erupted into clapping and cheers. Although you knew they didn't know you were Spectre, you scanned the crowd for your parents. You caught sight of them and quickly looked away so they wouldn't see you staring. You walked together all the way to the front where the city council and the assistant mayor were waiting, smiles on their faces. You hesitantly went up the stairs with Danny and noticed he was wary as well.

"We have called the town here today to celebrate our towns two greatest heroes, Danny Phantom and Spectre, who have done more for this city than we can ever know." The assistant mayor started. You glanced at Danny, his green eyes bright. He gave you a wink and you stifled a giggle. "In honour and celebration of their sacrifices and bravery, I am very pleased to award Phantom and Spectre with medals of honour and both of them with keys to the city," she finished and the crowd cheered. You're eyes went wide and you turned to see Danny just as shocked. You knew it was a ceremony but you had no idea it was an awards ceremony.

A man came out from behind you holding two medals, which he gently placed over both yours and Danny's heads. Then the assistant mayor reappeared with two keys.

"Thank you ma'am," stammered Danny. "But-... this is-..."

"This is completely unnecessary," you finished. "We were just doing our jobs." The assistant mayor nodded and looked between both of you.

"You two have done more for this city than anyone can ever thank you for. We owe our lives and more to you two, and you never even ask for a thank you. And you see just kids too." She looked back at the crowd of people, all waiting and watching what you said. "The whole town has seen how badly you get hurt sometimes when you come away from some of your battles. I don't know how you're here, or why you're here, but know that without you this town would be in complete chaos," she finished. Then she stepped back and smiled. "Now. Go shake hands. The crowd is waiting for you." You wiped a tear away that you hadn't noticed and looked at Danny who just smiled down at you.

"Thank you. You don't know how much that means to us," you said quietly. The Danny pulled on your hand and tugged you down the stairs towards the crowd. You loved how happy he was. He spent years hiding as Phantom, no one accepting him as a hero, just treating him like another bad ghost. Now that people liked him... it was his dream come true. To not have to hide and run. You watched as he wove through the crowds, tugging your hand as he went, his green eyes bright and the smile never leaving his face.

He stopped suddenly and pulled you into his chest, giving you a quick kiss on the cheek making you blush. The crowds went crazy and he whispered into your ear.

"Should we do something special for them?" He asked. You thought for a moment.

"Does this something special involve water and ice?"

"You know it dove," he smirked, using a nickname. Both of you turned your legs into tails and floated upwards above the crowd. It's a good thing the hall had a fountain outside of it. You used your powers to pull water into the building from the fountain outside while Danny did flips and tricks for the crowd. Once you had a good amount of water, you made it swirl and fly through the crowds, making patterns and animals. The crowd oohed and ahhed then you looked at Danny, who nodded and winked. You laughed and positioned he water in chandelier shapes along the roof, where Danny froze them securely into place. He floated over to you and you both squeezed your hands into fists, making the ice shatter into glistening ice crystals and snow that gently floated down over the crowd.

The air sparkled and glistened with the snow and ice and Danny pulled you in for a hug. You caught sight of Tucker and Sam in a corner and waved. They both waved back and Danny kept a hold of you, kissing your forehead.

"This day couldn't have been any better," he said happily. You smirked up at him.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah,"

"I think I have an idea," you said seductively. Danny went as red as a tomato and he froze.

"W-...well-... Umm. Oh. That. Umm-..." he stammered, not getting out a full sentence. You couldn't take any more and burst out laughing.

"I was gonna say ice cream Danny. Get your mind out of the gutter," you giggled and he frowned playfully at you.

"But really though. Are we getting ice cream?" Asked Danny and you just laughed, floating away from him towards the crowd again. The rest of the day, you and Danny took photos, shook hands, and had fun with the town. Danny was right. This day couldn't have been any better.

Until you met with your parents...
___________________________

Nice. It was odd writing an awards ceremony with no mayor :)

But I hope you guys are enjoying the book.

Also thank you guys for over 400 reads!!! That's so surreal to me!!! Keep reading and voting, it means soooo much!!!

XX Shadow