"Let me go," I pleaded weakly. I had already lost too much blood now and everything was blurry. I tried to will myself to heal but the blood was pouring out of my leg faster than I could patch it up. I only hoped that, if anything, I could leave behind another trail for Finn to follow but I hoped he would come with others, unlike last time. Only Alpha Brudus could defeat Zagen as they were of the same high rank. If Finn were to attempt the fight, he would surely be killed and the thought of that made some tears fall down my eyes.

I had been so happy and now everything was going to go back to the way it was. Zagen had caught me and he would probably take me back to Pack Cero where I would be a prisoner again, and this time I would have nothing but the knowledge that happiness was right at my fingertips before I was snatched away from it all.

Zagen did not say a word as he carried me away and I could feel my naked body pressed against his which made me feel sick. His sweat and mine mingling together in ways that caused pain to ripple through my heart from my body touching someone else in a manner that should have only touched Finn.

"Weylyn!" I heard through my mate mind link. Finn must be okay then and it lit up a small flame of hope back in my heart. "Hang in there for me love. I promise we're coming to get you, we're jus-"

"Finn!" I screamed into the link when he went silent. He was still alive; I could feel the beat of his heart pumping the blood around his body and his lungs working to bring in oxygen, but something had made him stop.

"I...Goddess. It's Robin...and Alex he's...fuck no," Finn said panicked into our link not making sense. Robin. Who was Robin? And then I remembered Alex telling me about his ex and how his attitude towards me in the beginning had been a redirection of his anger for her onto me.

"What happened?" I asked wearily.

"Alex, he just," Finn whimpered. "He's just been killed by Robin I..." Through the mate link I felt more pain and more anger on top of the emotions I could already feel my mate feeling at my capture. Then I felt him take a life, we had opened our link up completely and could feel everything right now. I wondered if it was Robin's life that he had taken. What was she even doing there, unless she had joined Pack Cero after her exile from Navarre. I had no idea what she looked like so I could never know if I had seen her in Pack Cero before my escape.

And then I remembered Gia. Poor, sweet Gia. She had finally told Alex about wanting a baby and they had been trying for one lately and now her mate was dead and there would be nothing left of him but the memories. And Alexis, kind and loving Alexis. She had just lost her brother and I dreaded to think what she would feel when she found out her brother was gone.

This was all my fault. People were dying, people who never would have had to face any of this torment if I just didn't even exist. Then maybe my parents wouldn't have died because Luca wouldn't have had to look after me instead of going with them when they heard the rogues on our hike. Maybe Luca would never have even joined Pack Cero, or maybe he still would have but he would never have had to come to Pack Navarre to try and bring me back. Then, he wouldn't have been killed and Zagen wouldn't have come here either. Everything was my fault, wasn't it? Me breathing alone was causing people pain.

"Weylyn. Shut. Up. None of this is your fault. I can't defeat Zagen on my own, I need Alpha Brudus, possibly even Maeve to help and they won't until the pack is safe and secured. I need you to hang in there for me, hold strong until we can stop all the intruders on the territory. Then I swear to you, my love, we are coming for you," Finn said into our mate link with fierce determination.

They were coming for me. I could still be saved. I just had to hold on.

But now, I really had lost too much blood, and Pack Navarre was so far behind me I couldn't even see it anymore. My eyes shut and succumbed to darkness where memories of Valle Verzasca eyes were all that could comfort me.

~~~~~~~~~

Try not to hate me 😅

Below is Zagen Diolo.

Vote and comment pleaseee

🤍💜🤍