CHOCOLATE WEBSITE

Chapter: Play With Senses

In the year 2010, Sagres (Portugal’s number one beer brand) released their new Preta Chocolate, a stout beer with chocolate flavor. They also launched an amazing idea to bring attention to their new product: The world’s first website made out of chocolate. What could have been a more suitable way to launch their new brew, than a site made entirely out of chocolate?
    With the help of Maître Chocolatier’s Victor Nunes, renown in Portugal for his chocolate sculpturing, they designed and produced an interactive website ready to be launched in 2011. All the buttons and links were carved out into minute detail before being shown off at a trade fair. The chocolate was then photographed in high resolution and turned into the website. When the site went online, Sagres offered their first online visitors pieces of the real chocolate site, and sent them directly to their homes together with a six-pack of chocolate beer.

Possible Moral
The analog meets the digital, through a clever yet simple idea. What were the advantages for Sagres? It caused a huge stir in the media, it set records and it exemplified the company’s values – believing in quality over mass production.

Story from We All Need Heroes: Stories of the Brave and Foolish.
For Paperback, ePUB and Kindle editions visit:
http//www.weallneedheroes.com