2- Sawyer

"Can I buy you two beautiful ladies a drink?"

Liliana looked away from me and at the guy standing behind us. She smiled mischievously as she said, "You can buy us a drink, but I'm going to be upfront with you. Buying us a cocktail isn't going to get you very far."

The somewhat attractive bleach-blonde guy smiled boyishly in return. "Did I ask for anything more? If I remember right, I only asked if I could buy you two a drink."

Liliana looked at me, then giggled as her gaze returned to the guy trying to be nice. "If you're not expecting anything from her or me, then you can buy us a drink."

It never fails. My sister is always messing with guys whenever we hang out, and although it can be humorous watching her tease men the way she does, there are times it makes me nervous, fearing that her way of teasing them will only get her in trouble someday. Or us both.

The guy approached the bar and whistled for the bartender's attention, and when he headed toward us, he asked, "I'd like another beer and get these two lovely ladies whatever they'd like."

"We'll take two more of these Mai Tais," Liliana responded, pushing our empty glasses toward the bartender.

"Thank you," I politely said, studying the guy and wondering about his intentions. He looked okay, but something in my gut told me not to trust him.

He winked. "You're both very welcome." He turned and pointed at a group of guys playing volleyball on the beach. "See those guys over there?"

"Yeah," Liliana acknowledged.

"They've got a two-hundred-dollar bet going. Claiming you two would turn my drink offer down. So when you get your drinks, could you do me a favor and show them I won the bet?"

Liliana shrugged, humor playing in her eyes when she looked at me, smirking while asking, "What else did you guys bet?"

"That was it."

"Then, sure," she obliged, returning her gaze to him, "because if you want anything else from us, I'd have to cut you off. I'm engaged, and my gorgeous sister here isn't into men."

My mouth fell-dropping open wide.

What a lying bitch!

My eyes quickly shot to hers, and then I glared at her-letting her know that if she weren't my sister, I'd kill her for that remark.

"Even better," he emphasized, licking his lips.

Jerk...

With my eyes locked on Liliana, I cleared my throat, and with a hint of anger in my voice, I decided to get her back and said, "Don't let my sister fool you. She's the one who's into women-I'm the engaged one."

Neither of us is engaged, and we're both very much into men. However, my sister has a boyfriend she's been with since high school. And he's an asshole. If he knew or ever to find out how much my sister flirts with and teases men, either he'd kill her, or he'd kill the men she's flirting with. Then there's my pathetic ass. I haven't had a boyfriend in three long years. Not since my ex decided not to show his face on our wedding day. Leaving me for a woman he worked with.

So you could say I'm incredibly leary when it comes to men.

I. Just. Don't. Trust. Them.

Any of them.

The guy must have figured out my sister was messing with him. Because his eyes suddenly started swaying back and forth between my sister and me with a curious look in his eye, asking, "Are you two really sisters? Or are you fucking with me?"