3- Roscoe

Two weeks ago, I had a surprise visit from not one person. But two. One who I didn't mind seeing and talking with. And the other, I much rather had gone without seeing-Ginger. Talking while inking her confirmed everything I needed to see and hear why I ended things with her when I did.

When I finished inking Ginger where she wanted to be tatted and was out of my shop, I was so pissed I headed to see Emerald and gave her a piece of my mind. She, of course, found it hilarious. Emerald knew about the tattoo and where Ginger wanted it placed. Knowing it would piss me off, Emerald explained why she didn't warn me, and it was because she noticed how sexually frustrated I seemed to be lately. She had an inkling I'd been missing Ginger and felt it would have me wishing to run away once I saw and talked with her.

In a way, she was right... I was missing her, but I also wasn't.

It was the damn sex I missed.

Emerald claimed it was something she had to do to get me to see and make me realize I needed to walk away and find the one remarkable woman destined to be mine-a more suitable woman for me.

I get it.

But it still didn't mean I was happy with Emerald for what she did. And because of what she did, I made it adamantly clear to her that it would never happen again. And that if Ginger came in for another tattoo or piercing, she needed to set an appointment with Jagger. Not me.

Hopefully, she listens. Because after satisfying Ginger with her ridiculous tattoo, I never want to see, look her in the eye, or have to deal with her ever again.

In my spare time, I drew to help keep my mind from thinking I needed to get laid. So far, I've completed four different sketches for Lindsay. And I'm just about finished with the fifth sketch. To be honest, I like this drawing the best. The longer I sit and stare at it, I hope she picks this. And I'll use whatever drawing Lindsay doesn't want as a template for another willing soul who comes in looking for something similar to these.

Finally, I finished the last drawing, and as I spread each one out, comparing each one to the other, Emerald came in and over to me, looking at the illustrations over my shoulder. "Oh wow, Roscoe. Those are awesome. Are these the sketches for that Lindsay girl?"

I nodded. "Yes." With my eyes still on the drawings, I cupped my chin, pinching my bottom lip, then asked, "Which one do you think is the best?"

Emerald pushed me to the side and lowered to study the drawings, humming as she looked at each one, then stood straight, pointing to the one I liked the best.

"That's the one I like too. But it's not up to me or you to decide what Lindsay has inked on her thigh."

Emerald picked up the template and gazed at it. "I don't know her, but this one stands out a lot more than the others. And if she wants to cover up those scars, I think this is the one she should choose. But you're right. It's her body and her decision of what'll be on her for life."

I looked at her as she set the drawing back on the desk. "What did you need, anyway?"

"I came in to let you know that she was here. But then I saw your drawings laid out on the desk and felt the need to take a sneak peek," she grinned. "Hell. If she doesn't want this one, I think I'll have you ink that one on me," she winked.

"The price of this one just doubled. After what you did to me, you owe me," I teased.

She laughed, headed to the door, then turned to me before leaving. "We've been friends for eighteen years. Don't forget, I know you well. You may have acted like you were mad at me, but you didn't fool me one bit. That was your way of thanking me. You know damn well I did you a favor. Now get out there and let Lindsay know you're ready to show her the drawings you drew for her. Your next appointment is also here, and she's due to be seen in ten minutes."