Prologue

[Y/N] - April 13th

I couldn't help but stare out my apartment window. The soothing rhythm of the rain created a sweet melody and allowed my thoughts to flourish.

I had a small cold and could not go to work for the day. Now, the feeling of loneliness held me in its grasp as I spent the time contemplating.

As a 22-year old, I was working as a customer service representative for Walker Inc. Although this was supposed to be the period to enjoy my youth, I spent most of my time speaking to disgruntled clients and processing orders.

While I had several friends around the office, most were only close enough to go out to lunch with. After all, there is only so much that you can reveal about yourself in professional relationships. 

My stomach growled and pulled me away from my thoughts.

I made my way to the kitchen and after five minutes of walking between the fridge and pantry, I decided to make a "ready-to-bake" pizza. 

Seeing as it would take about 30 minutes to bake, I began scrolling through my social media and hummed a random tune.

Suddenly, an ad popped up on my recommended page.

"Do you want to talk to pretty boys? Make all your dreams come true by downloading this game today!" Behind the text was an animated picture of a green eye.

I glanced at the oven timer and saw that 27 minutes were remaining. 

Thinking that it was an everyday otome game, I clicked on the ad and downloaded the game. 

After opening the app, cutesy music began playing but abruptly stopped when notifications from "Unknown" began flooding into my phone. 

═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ═════

[Unknown has entered the chatroom.]

Unknown: ...Hello...?

? :[Y/N]

Unknown: Can you see this?

═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ═════

This is really weird.

I tried to exit out of the app, but my phone wouldn't comply.

Maybe this is part of the game?

═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ═════

[Chatroom]

Who are you? :[Y/N]

Unknown: I'm sure you're surprised.

Unknown: I'm a bit flustered myself. I found a smartphone at the subway station, but all it had was this messenger app.

Unknown: I want to find the owner, but all I see is an address and important-looking numbers saved in the notes.

I thought this app was for chatting with pretty boys? :[Y/N]

Unknown: I guess you're seeing this message because of something you downloaded. The apps may be connected?

Unknown: Can you help me find the owner of this phone?

Unknown: I'd appreciate it if you could help.