Track and Field [Part One]

Requested by multicolor_butterfly, hope you like it! i had a lot of fun writing it tbh <3

p.s. sorry its kinda long... and sad

[Song: lovely - Billie Eilish, Khalid]

btw i put  this song bc i feel like lovely really just sums up this chapter so much 

'''''

Klaus x Female Reader - Part One

**T/W Overdose, mentions of suicide and self-hate, substances, family issues**

'''''

Third Person POV

"Hey, Y/N!" Klaus Hargreeves called from across the fresh cut, green grass-covered park.

She had her AirPods in. Blasting music loudly in her ear, Y/N kept running. Her brown hair kept bobbing up and down, shining in the light of the setting sun. The raven-hair colored man shook his head and let out a heavy sigh before running up to Y/N, startling her.

"Klaus, what are you doing here?" She asked, taking one of her AirPods out and smiling at her closest friend.

"Nice to see you, too, Y/N." Klaus replied in sarcasm.

"It's nice seeing you. Now what the hell do you want with me?" Y/N continued with an arched eyebrow.

He handed a green bottle to Y/N, suggesting a drink at his place. Well, his "place" wasn't really his place. More like his bedroom. However, Y/N knew all about her best friend's childhood and his current alcohol addiction.

"I thought you promised yourself you wouldn't drink this week before I put you in rehab." Y/N sighed.

"I never said I was gonna drink! You are!" Klaus exclaimed, holding his arms out, showing off his 'Hello, Goodbye' tattoos he had imprinted on his palms in big, black, bold letters.

"And besides, I already broke that promise." He replied before running towards the Umbrella Academy, knowing full well that Y/N would run after him.

Y/N was extremely pissed at Klaus Hargreeves. She really cared about him, wanting very badly for him to stop this drinking problem.

"Klaus, please, stop with the drinking." She would plead sometimes.

The 30-something year old would agree, leaving Y/N pleased, and then go right back to drinking after she had left or went to do something else. 

Now, Klaus wasn't purposefully doing it to spite Y/N or something either. 

He loved Y/N, too.

~ Five minutes later ~

The brunette made her way into the big kitchen of the Umbrella Academy, automatically heading to the fridge to get some water.

There was a mirror hanging on the wall next to the big, white machine and Y/N noticed herself in it. She was pretty, but she never really felt that way.

5"1, fair white skin with brown eyes that attentively watched back, every once in a while gleaming a playful spark, Y/N hated herself. How her body looked, her face, even her nose made her insecure.

Before she was able to fully loathe herself, Y/N walked away and reached into a blue drawstring bag she had put on the table after it was bouncing up and down on her back when she was running.

Y/N pulled out a small orange can and popped a blue and white pill inside her mouth and drank a ton of water, much to Klaus' surprise.

"What was that?" He asked as Y/N put the orange bottle back in the bag.

"Nothing, just pills." She shrugged, after swallowing the pill and water. 

"I gotta go." Y/N added before rushing out the door, avoiding anymore questions Klaus would have asked.

~ 10 minutes later ~

Loud yelling came from the inside of brick apartment 4B as Y/N made her way to the door. She took a deep breath in and stepped inside the apartment to see her parents arguing, like usual. Her father was drunk again and her mom had just gotten home from work, pissed that the place was a mess.