Everything Begins Somewhere

Blake

I met Lucy a week after I'd become alpha. She was beautiful and I felt a pull to her. I didn't know than the feeling came from magic, not the mate bond.

I marked her and made her my Luna.

But it didn't take long for the happiness between us to disappear.

She couldn't get pregnant, she couldn't bare my pup. First sign I realize now. Only true mates could have children together, claimed mates can't.

The second sign, she was always trying to make decisions for me.

Yes a Luna helps lead a pack, but the way Lucy did it... was just wrong. Stepping over the line far to often for comfort.

I don't know how it took me 5 years to see it all.

When she finally told me the truth, I was seething mad. Foaming at the mouth as my wolf took over.

Killing the woman I'd claimed as my mate. No mate bond could stand in the way.

I vowed that day that I would never love another woman. I would never let another witch on my land.

I vowed to kill all witches and warlocks. Whoever has magic and can cast spells on others will die, by my hands hopefully.

I changed, my wolf changed, our pack changed with us. Growing it, building stronger warriors, making us an unstoppable enemy. Pups started training as soon as they took their first step. Both female and males.

I will win this war.

✨✨✨
400 years later

Isabel

I run through the forest as quickly as my fox legs can carry me. I can hear the sounds of different shifters chasing.

Another pack that doesn't want the fox around. Nothing new.

I can hear them getting closer so I switch directions. Running up a small hill I can only hope that freedom lays beyond it. I'm surprised when I see a hooded figure standing at the top, right in my path.

Skidding to a stop in front of the person, I crouch low. I couldn't smell shifter but I was still prepared for anything.

I watch as they lift the hood off of their face. Revealing an old woman, white sparkles flicker in her blue eyes. Easily identifying her as a witch.

"I've been looking for you." The old witch says with a warm smile. My fox just whimpers up at her.

The pack will be here soon, I can hear them coming close to the base of the hill. My fox and I didn't want them catching up.

As if reading my mind all the sounds stop. The forest turning silent. "There, they won't bother us." The witch crouches down and pats my head. "I have a gift for you."

A gift? Maybe it's food. I wiggle my tail and whine as I sniff at the air.

"The war against witches is getting out of hand." She looks out over the forest with a lost look. Not knowing what to do I just sit and watch her.

"That wolf shifter... Alpha Blake has a lot of anger pent up. I don't blame him. I'd be mad if someone put a spell on me too."

I know the biggest pack of shifters was hunting witches, although I didn't know why or what she meant.

The witch continues on her gaze still lost out in the trees as she rests one of her hands aimlessly on my head, rubbing a circle pattern softly through the fur on my forehead. "Some say too much blood has been spilled for it to ever end but I know different."

Her eyes snap to me. "That's why I've been looking for you. You are the key to ending the war."

I just snuff my nose, in amusement. Me end a war, sounds very unlikely. What could I do?

"You can do a lot."

I pull my head out from under hand. Ok could she read my mind?

With a sigh she pats my head once softly before standing up.

"I wish I could tell you more. I wish I could teach you. I'm sorry. But just know this will save the heart of your mate. Find him before it's too late, before his heart is overcome with darkness." She says and than faces her palms to me. I feel a weird tingle flowing through my body as a bright white light shoots from her palms, hitting me.

My fox howls in the back of my mind as she's thrust back and my suddenly standing in my human form. "What the hell are you doing to me?" I scream out over the pulsing of the magic.

"Save your mate. Good luck Isabel." Is her only reply before she turns into a bunch of white sparkles.

I look over my body quickly as I mentally reach out to my fox to make sure she's ok. "What the hell did she do to me?" I exclaim as I throw my hands to ground in frustration.

A burst of flame shoots out of my hands, the flames hitting the ground.

What the... how did I do that? Did she give me her powers?