beautiful (just the way you are) [doyoung x taeyong (nct)]

-

where taeyong is feeling insecure and doyoung is there to reassure him.

request by demisexual_multi , romantic pairing

i hope you like this!

-

pinching his arms, taeyong stared at his reflection in the mirror, disgust bubbling up.

he could never understand how his fans told him that he looked good because in his eyes, all he could see were his imperfections. some things were what only he noticed such as those small bumps that littered his arm or the multiple scars on his knees from falling over one too many times in his childhood.

but others? they were what were pointed out by people. they were said as jokes but little did the fans know that taeyong read each one of those comments and felt a little bit more of his self-confidence chip away at each one. they pointed out how he had no ass or how he's like a piece of 'cardboard' because he doesn't have curves and taeyong so badly wanted to gain them to satisfy his fans but he just couldn't gain weight no matter how hard he tried.

as he felt the tears springing up in his eyes, he heard a soft knock on the door.

"taeyong? can i come in?"

the said male frantically threw on a random pair of large basketball shorts and an oversized shirt before wiping his eyes and rushing to open the door.

"hi doyoung. why are you here this late."

doyoung just scratched the back of his neck, shrugging. "i just had a feeling that i should be with you right now."

tears started to well up in taeyong's eyes again as he closed the door behind them and went to hug doyoung, snuggling into his broad chest. doyoung arms came up to wrap around the older males torso and he patted his back soothingly.

"what's wrong sweetheart?"

"i hate myself doie."

doyoung's eyebrows furrowed, his thoughts immediately going to 'why in the world...?'

"why would you ever feel that way?" he said gently, still patting taeyong's back.

sniffling, taeyong didn't reply until doyoung picked him up and moved to sit down on his bed, with the smaller male sitting on the other.

"i just can't help but notice the imperfections on me. i'm too skinny to the point that everyone can see my bones and i don't have enough curves for people or a big enough butt. i have cuts and scrapes on my legs from my childhood, i barely have any muscles, i—"

doyoung cut off taeyong. "love, you do know that nothing you said counts as imperfections? in fact, i believe that there's no such thing as an imperfection in this world. everything is perfect and the perfection differs from person to person but at the end of the day, everyone is perfect. this job that we have is one that puts pressure onto people to be exactly like society's standard of perfect but one thing that everyone forgets is that there's actually no such thing. to me, you are the most beautiful person in world ok? please don't focus on what others say."

taeyong looked up at his boyfriend's face and started to cry again. "how did i get so lucky to have you in my life?"

a cheeky smile bloomed on doyoung's face as he started to wipe the tears off of taeyong's face.

"not sure but you definitely did get lucky."

taeyong slapped his chest, giggling softly. he then moved his head to kiss doyoung, smiling when the younger kissed back while rubbing circles onto his thigh, a foolproof way to make him feel better but only if doyoung was the one doing it.

separating, the two looked at each with love-filled eyes.

"thank you doie."

"no need to thank me love. i just wanted you to see yourself as i do."

taeyong smiled again, resting his head on doyoung's chest. he loved this man.