Prologue

WEE-OOH WEE-OOH WEE-OOH

The ambulance and cop cars were here on a car crash scene.

y/n stood feets away from a totaled car. The front part was badly damaged as the driver and passenger were pronounced dead at the scene. Blood covered the woman and man's faces as they were still strapped in their seats. At least they knew that their body wouldn't have flown out and far if they hadn't worn their seatbelts. They were lucky to be in one piece.

y/n, who was only 6 years old at the time, survived the car crash but her parents didn't. y/n's skin was spotless. There were no cuts, bruises, broken bones, or whatsoever. It's like she had watched the accident take place instead of being inside of the totaled car.

Bystanders, who had witnessed this and called police and tried to help, stated that y/n didn't sustain any injuries. They were all confused yet relieved that the child wasn't harmed. It hurts everyone whenever a child's life is taken; they have a long life ahead of them but it ended too soon. While at the same time, they felt devastated that her parents had died.

y/n watched her dead parents be taken out of the car and placed into body bags as they were rolled away.

y/n felt many emotions swarming inside her heart. She was mad that her parents left her behind; she was confused on why she survived without a scratch while her parents suffered the most; and she was sad that her parents were no longer by her side anymore. y/n knew she had to live on without them.

Silent tears dripped from her eyes as she bunched up her torn dress in her hands. She bit her lips and hung her head low. y/n hated goodbyes as this one was eternal. She wished she could reverse time to bring them back.

"That poor child... I wonder who's going to look after her?"

"Who knows? I can't imagine what she's going through right now. I hope she has relatives who can take care of her."

"She's so young to lose her parents."

y/n's heart and ears became numb, tuning their words out as she no longer wanted to be alive if her parents weren't either. "Why did the world have to be so cruel?" y/n whispered through her sobs, feeling spikes impaling her tiny body.

At the hospital, many doctors took lots of tests on her but couldn't find any broken bones or internal bleeding from y/n. They were astonished that a child, who was caught in the accident, could be completely fine despite eyewitnesses. However, that didn't matter after all, a child's life has been spared. They called her the miracle child. Her body was blessed by the gods who saved her from death. But y/n didn't see it in that way. She saw it as life wanting to ruin her and make living harder than it already was.

y/n waited for her grandma to come and pick her up. That's her only relative she really has. If her grandma were dead, she knew she'd be at an orphanage. At least she had someone she knew and loved her as much as her parents did. Nonetheless, y/n knew she was going to be fine to a certain extent.

While waiting, y/n dangled her feet back and forth on the adult chair she sat on. Her short legs couldn't reach the ground. y/n's eyes scanned the area where she sat, seeing creatures from different shapes and sizes lurking around medical workers. They looked scary but y/n could fear less. She had already lost her parents. No imaginative creatures were going to make y/n wet herself. She knew that if she doesn't bother the creatures—whether they're real or fake—they won't mess with her.

"Hey you," A male voice called as y/n's eyes saw a pair of shoes in front of her view. The male figure loomed over her, and she lifted her head up to see a man with black sunglasses and white hair.