Mingi gets to know

I let go of Wooyoung's hand, as I reached home and ran to Yeosang's room. 

I sat in a corner, hugged my knees, and cried. The doorknob twisted and I heard footsteps approaching me. 

"Y/n." He called. I didn't look up. 

"Please. Leave me alone. I don't want to talk with anyone." I said. 

"Hyung, I'll talk with her." I heard another voice. The door closed, leaving me and another person alone. 

I felt him sit down, next to me and called me out. I slowly looked up, to see Mingi looking at me.

"Don't cry now." He said and wiped my tears. 

"Y/n, he said it for your good. Don't take it in a bad way. He's your brother."

"Who said he's my brother? I don't know who he is. And I don't care if anything happens to him." I said and cried. 

"What problem do you have with Seonghwa hyung?" He asked. 

"You don't need to know that," I said, looking down. 

"I promise nothing will go out from here. And if you ever need anyone to spill your heart out, I'm all ears to you." He said and got up but I held his hand and stopped him. 

"Can I trust you?" I asked, looking at him. He sat back down and caressed my head. 

"You can." He said and smiled warmly. 

"Can we head to your room?" I asked and he nodded. We left from there and headed to Mingi's room. I locked the door and sat opposite him, on the bed. 

He stayed patient, till I started. 

"3 years back..." I started and told him how Seonghwa randomly left the house, then how my parents and the entire college blamed me for his disappearance, how bullying and abuse started, why I ran out of the house, and my situation now. Except for the day when I went out with Yeosang and Wooyoung. 

It took me more than an hour, to explain everything in detail. 

"I don't want to live. All I am is a worthless piece of trash, a disgrace, and a useless shit. There's no use in me living. All these thoughts led me to self-harm. It made me get those thoughts and pain off for a while." I said, crying. 

He didn't reply and pulled me for a hug. I hugged him back. 

"I'm sorry you had to go through all that alone," Mingi said and comforted me. I cried silently, under his arms. 

"I understand why you're angry at Seonghwa. He doesn't deserve that much hate. But from your point of view, there's nothing wrong, with what you're doing. If I were in your place, I would do the same." He said. 

"Thanks for understanding me." 

---??? POV---

I walked into Mingi hyung's room to steal one of his shirts. Well, I like wearing other's clothes than mine. 

I heard footsteps approach near me. I quickly hid in his bathroom, hoping he wouldn't find out. 

After a few seconds, I heard another voice. It was Y/n's! What was she doing here? 

I couldn't help but eavesdrop on their conversation. I couldn't believe what all Y/n had to go through. Not only did she have people bullying her at college but also her parents were hurting her. 

After hearing her story, tears were silently flowing. I didn't know why. Why does it hurt to hear her? Did Ho-jun also feel the same way? 

"I'm sorry if I wasted your time." I heard Y/n say. 

"It was not a waste of time. If you want to talk about anything, this is my number. You can call me and I will come." Mingi said. I heard the door open and close. 

Thinking that they had both left, I headed out, wiping all my tears. I stopped in my track as I saw Mingi hyung, who was looking at me, with shock. 

"W-what are you doing here?"

"I c-came to take your hoodie. I heard you coming so I hid in the bathroom." I said. 

"Did you hear everything?" I nodded my head. 

"Don't tell anyone about it. She wouldn't like it." Hyung said. I nodded and left the room and headed to mine. 

I still couldn't forget what Y/n said. It all stayed in my mind. 

---Y/n's POV---

I had some food and sat on the couch, waiting for Yugyeom and Ryujin. As I thought about them, I heard two people running in. 

"I came first!" Yugyeom shouted. I looked over at them, turning my head.

"You called them again?!" Hongjoong said, feeling mad. 

"I'm sure I have told you before that I don't need permission to bring my friends. And... I'm also sure that I said that the way you talk, shows your personality. Come on, guys." I said, looking at him and left along with them. 

We headed to the terrace. I leaned by the wall and they both looked at me. 

"Y/n, what is it, that you wanted to tell?" Ryujin asked. I sighed. 

"I came across my parents... yesterday," I said. They were shocked.

"Did they see you? Did they hurt you again?" Yugyeom asked worriedly. I shook my head saying 'no'

"They didn't see me but... I heard them." 

"What do you mean?" Ryujin asked confused. I told them what I heard my parents say. 

"If I hadn't escaped from there, they would've sold me and made money." As I said, a tear dropped. They both hugged me tightly. 

"It's ok. You are not there anymore." Ryujin said. 

"But what if they come in search of me and take me home and sell me?" I asked. 

"We won't let that happen," Yugyeom assured. 

"Can you guys stay here for some more time?" I asked. They nodded and we headed down. We sat by the dining table as the boys were on the couch. 

We started talking about random stuff, like how the teachers were and what happened yesterday. 

"Mr. Kim became all grumpy and strict. He gave half the class detention." Yugyeom stated. 

"Well, you surely would be a part of it," Y/n said and Ryujin laughed. 

"I told you she'd find out." She said and I laughed along with her. 

"Yah! How did you find out?!" 

"Do I need to find it, while I know that you are the one that mostly ends up in detention?" I said and we both were laughing while Yugyeom was staring at us. 

"Y/n, you remember Jungkook? That boxer guy?" Ryujin asked. I nodded my head, as it was the guy who hurt Yeosang. 

"He said that he wanted to see you. It seemed like something important." She said. 

"Yeah. I haven't seen him worried or sad, any time. But yesterday he was so sad when I said that you weren't there." Yugyeom added. 

"I'll talk to him when I come back." As I finished, my phone rang. It was from an unknown number. I was scared that it might be my parents. 

I just let it go but the same person called again. I swiped up the green circle and placed the phone near my ear.

"H-hello...?"