"yes!" he cheered up, smiling so hard she could tell he was happy too.

He opened his arms for his up to the minute girlfriend to sneak in. She pulled him in for a quick hug, appreciating their last contact and left a small kiss on his chest.

"Bye, goodnight"

"G'night Sanders"

Callie opened the cars door for the second and the last time now, and head home. She couldn't believe it. It was such a dream.

She turned around one more time and saw Rafe driving away, heading home too. She was so glad he was now hers, and she was his.

"I'm dating him, I'm dating him," she whispered at herself, opening the front door.

She couldn't feel luckier or happier right now. She knew for sure telling her friends wasn't a good idea, so she hoped they could keep it secret as long as possible.

Everything was so quiet and dark when she entered the house, but when she dropped her belongings on the entrance hall's floor, the light came on.

"James," she said as she saw his silhouette in the corridor.

"We need to talk," he said rudely, pointing the living room with his hand, letting her know she had to get in.

"Can we not just talk tomorrow? I'm very tired"

"Please don't argue with me and make the things easier by doing what I'm asking you to," he scared her by his rude tone.

She got inside the living room and waited for her uncle to speak up.

"I have many things to tell you," her uncle said, sitting on the couch and honestly he was way calmer than she expected him to be.

"I'm listening," she spoke, before sitting on a chair in front of him.

"You know if I'm not always being very nice to you it's for your education right?"

Callie didn't see the point of this but could clearly tell he wasn't saying the truth. He never did this to Cooper cause he knew Cooper could protect and properly defend himself.

She was determined James knew about it cause he never hit Callie in front of Cooper. Maybe cause part of James knew Cooper would defend his sister.

Even if the siblings weren't the best friends in the world, their loss brought them closer. Callie protected Cooper from everything she could, Cooper protected her from everything he was aware of.

The problem was he didn't really know what was exactly going on. Coop wasn't dumb, he could tell James and Callie had a special relationship, but not this abusive.

"You haven't raised Coop that way," she said as calmly.

"He was already older when I got him. You were still a little girl and I'll keep it real, your parents kinda messed up your education"

Her heart shattered. She hated more than everything when her parents were involved in the conversations or the arguments with James.

She remembered her father telling her stories before bedtime, her mother singing her songs, the four of them going at the park just like a normal family. Honestly, she didn't think they fucked up in any way.

She missed both of them so much. She always had a perfect relationship with her dad but with her mom it was different.

She wasn't going through any period of teenage rebellion cause she was under the age of ten but she fought against her mom a lot.

About insignificant little details that were now stuck inside her head. A tear fell down her cheek, she didn't exactly know how to respond to this.

"It's not true. They did everything they could," she sobbed but tried not to be angry.

"Do you think it was easy for me losing my brother and being forced to move in a city I didn't know to raise two children overnight?" he crossed his arms together.

"Do you think it was easy for me losing both of my parents and growing up with an abusive parents figure?"

James got up and slapped her. She knew this was not gonna stop here. But damn why was it always happening when Cooper wasn't here?

"It's my way to show you affection. Families relationships are not always tender Callie. Stop pretending you're living in a fairytale," said James, now clearly annoyed.

She tried to escape the living room but he stood in front of the entrance. "let me go to my room, I'm done talking to you," she argued, getting closer to make her way out.

"We're far from done," he spoke, pushing her away.

If only she knew beforehand, how bruised she would get that night.