#04 | itoshi sae

[ i. s - single ]

* for yumi | -SAEITOSHI  *

---

The auburn haired male crossed his arms over his chest, tapping an impatient finger against his bare bicep as his emerald green eyes rested on his lover who paced around the room angrily. A heavy sigh escaped his lips, eyes fluttering closed to regain his composure for a second before opening them again. He was met with a unchanging glare, one that burned through his forehead like a laser. "Glaring at me isn't going to solve anything."

Being perch on top of a desk in a random conference room during an argument was not his ideal Saturday date. They had only come to this building for a short interview with a magazine that would sponsor youth prodigy football players like Sae, but after a short exchange with one of the women who interviewed him, they had a change of plans.

"You," [y/n] grit their teeth, pointing an accusing finger at the male who had yet to explain himself after what [y/n] had seen a few moments ago by chance. "You said you were single."

"I didn't," he muttered with a curt shake of the head. "You misheard me, and now you're being dramatic."

[y/n]'s jaw fell in disbelief before they smiled cynically, chuckling lightly. "You're right. I'm being so dramatic because I saw my boyfriend getting close with a girl and told her that you're single. I heard what you said to her. I'm not stupid."

Sae held back the urge to roll his eyes as he sat up straighter. "She said-"

"I don't care what they said, it doesn't mean shit!" [y/n] snapped, sighing so heavily that the floor may cave in if they sighed once more. The raw anger in their voice was clear. They turned away, running a hand through their hair while inhaling deeply. Facing away from the male who was recovering from the shout, they murmured, "I don't care what they said. I only care about what you said."

Standing up from his spot, he traversed with light footsteps that almost went unheard by [y/n]. With two broad steps, he arrived behind them, slowly wrapping his arm around their waist. He took their lack of rejection as an okay to squeeze them lightly as a sigh left his mouth. "You being jealous is kind of irritating."

He knew his choice of words were poor when his lover elbowed him in the stomach and attempted to break away from his grip. Sae recovered from the severe blow to the stomach and huffed blankly. "I didn't mean it like that."

"Then what the hell do you mean?"

Sae sighed, pulling out a small piece of paper he had received from the woman who interviewed him earlier. "The interview was for couples." The woman had been adamant about getting Sae and [y/n] to complete the couples interview she had pitched but was immediately shut down by Sae.

"Why? Embarrassed?" [y/n] joked, anger slightly vanishing when they saw the cheesy questions written on the oddly small paper.

"Didn't you say you don't like public attention? This interview would ruin everything." He shot back blankly, grabbing their hand to intertwine fingers absentmindedly.

"Well... yeah." [y/n] looked up at him. "So that's why you said you were single."

"Obviously. Do I need to spell it out for you?" He rose an eyebrow, instantly being hushed by his lover who was rather content with his choice of action. The smile on [y/n]'s face made Sae sigh. "What's with that gross expression?"

"Nothing," [y/n] snickered. "My boyfriend's just perfect."

"Nice."

---

[ a/n : idk tbh, my brain exited the chat. it's short asf 😭 only like 600 words, im sorry ]