Chapter 3 - The First Date

Elena woke up feeling great. And for someone who just got broke up with, she didn't feel down.
Elena rushed to the shower and started getting ready for the day. Today her and Damon were hanging out.

*ding* the doorbell rang.
Elena walked down the stairs and aunt Jenna was already opening the door.
"Hey Damon, come in!" Aunt Jenna moved to the side so Damon could walk in.
He noticed Elena as she was walking down the stairs and smiled up at her.
"Hey Damon, I'm almost ready. You can wait up stairs in my room." Elena said.
Damon follows her back up the stairs, noticing the baby pictures of Elena on the walls.
"You were a cute baby, look at them rolls on your arms." Damon jokes and starts to laugh.
"Ha ha very funny, just so happens those rolls are what made everyone like me." Elena jokes.
"I could think of more reasons to like you now." Damon says with a smile.
Elena smiles at him and finishes her hair.
"Well what are we doing? You're going to tell me now aren't you?" Elena said.
"Nope. You're just going to have to be patient."
Elena smacks him with a pillow and he hits her back with another one.
"Let's head on out." Damon says as he stands up from her bed.
They head down the stairs and say goodbye to Aunt Jenna.
"You guys have fun! Text me when you get to where you're going." Aunt Jenna said.

They head out the door and to Damon's car. Damon opens the door for Elena.
"Thanks Damon." Elena smiles at him.

They arrive to where they are going.
"Oh we are watching a basketball game?" Elena says while looking at the arena.
"Yeah, I figured I'd show you one thing I like to do, and you show me something you like to do later." Damon says and pulls into a parking space.
They walk into the arena and find their seats.
"I've been going to basketball games since I was 7. My dad always brought me here." Damon said.
"I like basketball. My dad never took me to a game but we would watch them on tv." Elena mentions.
The game starts and they go quiet.

Through out the game they start to joke around with each other and get to know each other more.

"Well that was a fun game!" Elena says while walking back to the car.
"Yeah it was." Damon responds.
"How would you know? I felt you starring at me when I wasn't looking!" Elena jokes and winks at Damon.
Damon smiles and grabs her hand.
Elena looks down at their hands. She can feel her face burning. But she doesn't let go.
"So do I get to show you what I like to do now?" Elena asks.
"Yes. Of course!" Damon said.

Elena tells him where to drive. They arrive to the building.
"So what is this place?" Damon asks.
"Hold on and you will see."
They come to the door and Damon opens it for Elena.
When they walk inside Damon looks around and then back at Elena.
"An art museum?" Damon asks.
"Yeah. I like to paint sometimes and I come here a lot to just look at the paintings. I could stare at just one for an entire hour." Elena says.
"Well, I could stare at you for an entire hour." Damon smiles down at her and Elena smiles back.
"Come, I'll show you my favorite art piece." Elena takes his hand and leads him down the hall.
Damon looks at Elena's favorite piece. It's of a girl walking in the city of Rome.
"Rome. I've never been there but it's my number one place to visit." Elena said.
"The girl, she reminds me of my mom. My mom traveled a lot. Rome was on her place to visit too. We were going to go together." Elena said and looked down at the floor.
Damon pulled her into his arms.
"I'm sorry, Elena. About your parents." Damon said.
Elena looked up at him and smiled. "It's okay Damon, they're looking down on me. And they are always in my heart." Elena said.

They spend 2 hours at the museum.
On their way back to Elena's house, Damon holds her hand until they arrive.
"Do you want to come in and stay for awhile?" Elena asks Damon.
"I'd love too." He says.

They head inside the house.
"Aunt Jenna were back!" Elena calls out.
"Hmm, she must be out with Alaric." Elena turns the living room light on. She sits down and pats the couch for Damon to come sit with her.
Damon walks over and sits down, Elena leaning into his chest.
"I had a lot of fun today with you." Elena says.
"I had a lot of with you too, Elena." Damon says kissing the top of her head.
Elena looks up at him smiling.
"Damon, I..I.." She leans her head up and kisses his lips. He opens his eyes after they kiss and smiles.
"Elena, what was that for?" He asks.
"I've been wanting to do that all day Damon." She says.
Damon kisses her forehead.
"I was going to wait until I left to kiss you, but you beat me to it!" He starts to laugh.
"Elena, I wanted to tell you, or I need to tell you this, I like you. A lot." Damon says and moves his hand over her cheek.
"Damon, I like you." Elena says.
He leans over her and starts to kiss her. Elena slides her hands up his shirt and Damon slides his hand down her thigh.
The front door starts to open and they both sit up fast. Aunt Jenna and Alaric walk through the door.
"Hey guys, did you have fun today?" Aunt Jenna asks.
"Uh, yeah we did. We went to a basketball game and I took Damon to the art museum." Elena says and then noticing aunt Jenna looking at her funny. Elena looks down and notices her shirt is showing her bra. Elena fixes it and looks back at aunt Jenna and smiles.
"Well Alaric and I are going to go watch a movie in the den." Aunt Jenna says and walks down to the den.
"Damon she noticed my shirt." Elena starts to laugh and Damon winks.
"Want to watch a movie?" She asks.
"Can we just lay here instead?" Damon says.
Elena nods and lays down into his chest. Damon starts to play with her hair and Elena is soon asleep.

Damon grabs a blanket and covers him and her up with it. He turns the light off and falls asleep.