chapter 1-Meeting Damon

Dear Diary,
Today Stefan introduced me to his brother Damon at the 5k run. He is just as handsome as Stefan and is such a sweetheart. I can't help but blush when he talks to me. I know it sounds crazy, but I think there's something special about Damon.

"Stefan?" Elena calls out
"Yeah? Up here!" Stefan yells back.
"Hey, are you ready to go? Damon is meeting us at the grill for lunch."
"Actually, I think I'm just going to stay here and finish up some work. Why don't you go and tell Damon I will see him soon." Stefan says.
"Are you sure? Do you want me to bring anything back for you?" Elena asks.
"No I'll just hunt something from the kitchen." Stefan leans over to kiss Elena on the cheek before he gets back to work.
"Okay, well I'll see you when we are done!" Elena says as she walks out the door.

Elena heads to Mystic Grill to meet Damon for lunch. As she pulls up she notices Damon walking into the grill.

Elena puts her car in park and heads inside the grill.
"Hey elena over here!" Damon yells out.
"Hey Damon!" Elena says as she takes a seat across from Damon.
"You look nice today." Damon comments.
"Well thanks but I usually look like this everyday." Elena says with a grin on her face.
"So where is Stefan? Did he bail again?" Damon asks.
"He had some work to finish and told me to just come on by myself" Elena responds.
"Well we can just call this a lunch date then" Damon says with a smirk on his face.
Elena laughs and kicks his leg under the table.
"Ow! Hey now!" Damon screams and then starts to laugh.
Elena smiles at him and she starts to blush.

Dear Diary,
Today Damon and I had lunch by ourselves because Stefan had work to finish. It gave me time to get to know Damon more. I found out he is moving back to Mystic Falls. He's been traveling around Europe. When he talks, I can't help but stare at his beautiful blue eyes. I don't know why, but he makes me have that butterfly feeling in the pit of my stomach. I like Damon. But I'm with Stefan and I love Stefan. Maybe I should just stop seeing and hanging out with Damon. I don't know what to do. I need time to think.

The next morning Elena wakes up to the sound of her phone beeping. She grabs her phone, squinting cause it's so bright.
New text from Damon -
"Morning sunshine, want to go get coffee?"
Elena smiles and replies back..
"Sure. Meet me in 15 minutes?" She hits send and jumps out of bed to get ready.

Elena and Damon meet at the local coffee shop.
"So what are your plans for the day?" Damon asks.
"Stefan and I have to meet Caroline at the Lockwoods mansion to rehearse the dance for the Founders Ball."
"The Founders Ball? Stefan dancing? Have fun with that!" Damon says.
"It's not like I want to do it either, but Caroline kind of begged us into it and she's my best friend so I couldn't say no." Elena says while looking at her phone.
"I better get going. I have to meet Stefan at his place. Speaking of, are you staying there?" Elena asks.
"Yeah I just finished getting everything into the place last night." Damon replies.
"Maybe I'll see you tonight then, Stefan invited me over for dinner."
"Maybe so." Damon says with a smile on his face.
"I'll catch you later than Elena, have fun!"

Elena waves goodbye and heads to pick up Stefan.

"Okay everyone, let's rehearse the dance 2 more times and we'll be finished!" Caroline says as she starts the music.
"Does she not think 5 times is good enough?" Elena jokes.
Stefan puts his hand out for Elena to take and they start to rehearse.
"You know Caroline, everything has to be perfect." Stefan says with a grin.
"Well tomorrow is going to be perfect. I have the best dancer in Mystic Falls."
Elena says and winks at Stefan.

That night, Elena and Aunt Jenna talk about The Founders Ball and Aunt Jenna mentions how Elena's mom always loved the dances and couldn't wait for Elena to go to them.
"I miss her, and dad." Says Elena.
"I wish they were here to see me do this tomorrow."
"I know kiddo, but they will see you." Aunt Jenna replies.
"Better get ready for bed, I'll wake you up around 8:30." Aunt Jenna says as she heads up to her room.
"Yeah, okay goodnight Jenna."