Chapter 8: Training

Emiko pov.

I got up to make a light breakfast and woke up the boys for our lesson. I decided to let Keigo sleep a little more, once both boys ate I told them to wait for me in the training gym. I left a note for Keigo so he knows where we are and can come get us easily. 

“Alright boys it's time for your hand to hand combat training, get in position, and copy the movements exactly like me.” I told them while taking my place in front of them to where they can see my posture and placement. “Ok, let me show you the starting position.” I said sliding my right foot back a step while standing on my toe for that foot, I slowly slid my right foot to the side for more balance, then I moved both arms to the sides of my chest balling my fist and putting my left arm out first. I placed my right hand close to the center of my torso, while making sure to keep my forearm a few inches from the former. I made sure my back was straight and stopped. “Ok, hold what you have and i'll help you with the rest.” I said as they held their positions so I could address any imperfections. Deku's posture needed to be straightened and his right foot required to be shifted a bit more. Tsukuyomi had his hands too low and his feet too close together. Once I fixed their stances, I stood in front of them once more and showed them how to dodge an attack from the front while punching for the stomach. “Try what I just did.” I told them.

“Hai!” The boys said in unison. They did as told and tried to copy my earlier motion. 

“SONGBIRD, BOYS, LUNCH!!!!” We heard Keigo yell. 

“COMING!! We’ll come back later to finish.” I said. We walked to the kitchen and the boys sat down while I went to find Keigo. I found him in the kitchen singing. 

“And even if the winding turns your roads, Even if your heart leaves you alone, Even if the breaking hits your bones, And even if the rain comes pouring down, Even when your scream loses its sound, Even if your wings don't leave the ground, And I'll be here, all for you, And I'll be here, all for you, And I'll never break your heart on my love, Follow you through the dark on my love, Even if I do, I don't, Even if I could, I won't, Let you lose who you are, Won't let you fall apart on my love, And even if the years turn old and grey, Even if your legs don't work the same, And even if your mind forgets my name, And even if the worst takes us through hell, Even if you lose what you once held, Even if you wait but there's no help, And I'll be here, all for you, And I'll be here, all for you, And I'll never break your heart on my love, Follow you through the dark on my love, Even if I do, I don't, Even if I could, I won't, Let you lose who you are, Won't let you fall apart on my love, You will always be my home, I can never let you go, You will always be my home, And I can never let you go, I'll never break your heart on my love, Follow you through the dark on my love, And I'll never break your heart on my love, Follow you through the dark on my love, Even if I do, I don't, Even if I could, I won't, Let you lose who you are, Won't let you fall apart on my love, On my love (on my love), On my love (on my love), On my love (on my love), On my love (on my love)” Keigo sang, noticing I was right behind him. “Songbird, we have to go, you know where.” I heard him say passing me some plates to take to the table. 

“Ok, I’ll tell the boys.” I said taking the plates to the table. “Boys once you finish breakfast go, grab the things and meet us outside, understand?” I said. 

“Hai.” They said in unison. We ate quietly and got the stuff we needed and left through the back door. 

“Ok, let’s go, we don’t want to be late for the meeting.” Keigo says.

“Ok, I’ll tp us to Eraser and get set up there.” I told everyone. They held onto me so I could take everyone at once. As we got there we saw all the heroes that were on this mission there and heading inside, to get the briefing. We followed them and met with Eraser.

“You finally made it, the meeting’s about to start, I'll take Deku for a bit, we’ll randevu back at your ‘house’ afterwards.” Eraser said. We nodded and went to our seats, to get the mission debriefing and our assignment. After a few minutes of waiting for Endeavor to come out and give us our assignments, he walks out grumpy as usual and sits at the front. “Alright our mission for next few months is tracking the League of Villains and putting them away for good. Here are your positions for the mission. Hawks, you and Dreamer along with your work studies are on infiltration and recon.” Endeavor said. We nodded and waited for the others to get their assignment. Once it was Eraser’s turn, we found out that he was on our team and was able to bring a student of his choice on the mission. Once everyone was done we were allowed to leave. Eraser went to collect his kid and come back to my place for the time being. I had Hawks and Tsukuyomi fly above us for patrol while we waited for Eraser. I heard something and decided to investigate. I told Deku that we had something to look at and he followed me to  where I heard the noise come from. We found a building that looked almost normal, but we found some charred spots in the walls and doors. We continued walking around till I spotted a body in one of the rooms, with a child hiding in the corner. Deku went over to the child and talked to them while I looked at the body. After a few minutes I felt my tracker go off and Eraser was next to me with his work study. 

“What caused this explosion?” Eraser asked. 

“It was a C-4 Nitroglycerin compound that can only be made with a high level of C-19 and C-8” Deku said, taking samples of the burn marks, “Can you take this to Kacchan later?” Deku asked, handing a sample to Eraser. 

“Sure no problem child, but why?” Eraser asked.

“He needs to find out where they got these materials and who's the supplier. Since we know that Kacchan was kidnapped by the league that’s how they got the nitroglycerin.” Deku explained. 

“How did you know all of this Deku?” I asked. 

“I grew up with Kacchan and he needed to know how to use his sweat as a weapon if needed.” Deku explained again. We nodded and decided not to push anymore so we took the child and left the building.