Chapter 7: The Date

Keigo pov.

I wanted to make today special. I told the boys to meet Eraser at the corner 14th and West st, for their assignment for their on the job training. As Songbird gets ready I see that she is really shy about what people see about her. I told her to be cute yet casual. I had gotten some ripped jeans, a normal white t-shirt and a denim jacket that matched the color of my jeans. 

“Songbird, are you almost done?” I asked. 

“Yeah, just don’t judge me about my clothing choice.” Em warned.

“I won’t, and I would never, so why would you say that?” asked her.

“You know how I am, I just don't want people to judge me, and where did the boys go, I haven't heard from them all morning.” Em asked.

“It’s saturday, and whenever I would patrol on saturdays our friend would always wave at me from the corner of 14th and West st., so I sent them there.” I told her.

“Oh ok, I’m coming out now.” She says, walking out in a lavender off the shoulder crop top, and a sakura, and lavender skirt. Not going to lie that outfit made her look fine as hell, but she’s not as body confident as she should be. 

“Damn babe you look good.” I said making her giggle a bit. I took her chin in my hand making her look up to me. “You are beautiful no matter what anyone says, you don’t have to take that bullshit, now let's go have one hell of a day!” I said.

“Ok, ok down partner, where are we going first?” Songbird asked.

“I can’t tell you that Songbird, it'll ruin the surprise.” I told her, smirking. I put a blindfold on her so she can’t see where we’re going. 

“Partner why did you blindfold me?” Em asked. 

“So it wouldn’t ruin the surprise and I was planning on flying you there.” I said guiding her to the backyard so we can take off. As we got to the back yard and flew off, I started thinking of what Songbird missed out on while growing up, so as grown adults a little nostalgia is a good thing. “Hey Em, you can take the blindfold off now, we’re almost at our first stop of the day.” I said.

“O-ok, but where are we Keigo? What is this place? It sounds and looks like fun.” Songbird said.

“We’re at the local carnival, I’ve known you for a long time and from what you’ve told me you’ve never gone to one, so I brought you here.” I told her, she looked to me in complete surprise and admiration. I had noticed a few tears streaming freely down her face. “Hey, Songbird what’s wrong?” I asked worried about her. She turned to me completely and tackled me.

“I’m fine, thank you, for bringing me here.” She said nuzzling her head into my shoulder. 

“Baby Bird, get up so we can walk around and play a few games.” I said, she reluctantly got up and held out a hand for me to take. I took it and got up, but I didn't let go of her hand. We walked into the carnaval and started looking for the games with prizes so we made a bet whoever got more points at the end of the time here got to pick the last activity of the day. I had led her to a precision game and told the person there to keep a scoreboard on how many balloons each of us hit. The poor man had  a hard time keeping up with the amount of darts flying around. In the end I had hit more balloons than Songbird did. She looked at me and gave me a hug. I wanted to know what was wrong, but I did the next best thing in this case. I put an arm around her waist and made her look at me. “Birdy what’s wrong?” I asked.

“Am I a burden to you?” Is all Em could say before crying into my chest, I took off with her still in my arms once we were high enough off the ground out of everyone's earshot. 

“You are not a burden and you’ve never been one, your parents are causing your insecurities to come back, you're stronger than them, don’t let them get to you. Once we get home after today, I'm going to sing for you.” I said planning on singing ‘On My Love by We The Kings.’ After walking around the carnival for a little bit longer we went to get dinner and watched the sun set. 

“Hey Kei, what are we going to do with ‘us’ if my parents find out?” Songbird asked.

“They can’t do anything to us, they followed the rules this far right?” I asked.

“Yeah, but that’s because you’ve been enforcing them constantly.” She seconded.

“Ok you have a point, and you will never be left alone, you will always have either me or one of the kids with you at all times.” I told her. Songbird didn’t say anything in return, but she held onto me tightly, not wanting to let go, I didn't mind. After dinner we walked home to find the boys sitting on the couch watching slowly drifting off. 

“Boys, go get some sleep, i know our friend might’ve put you both through hell.” Songbird told them. They got up and went to their room. I led Songbird to the couch and sat her in my lap. “Partner what are you doing?” She asked, slightly shifting. (slight 18+)

“Ngf~ Baby bird don’t do that.” I warned.

“S-sorry partner.” She said hiding her face in her hands. 

“Songbird do i have your consent?” I asked. She nodded her head and got up so I could move. I sat her down next to me and pulled her in for a kiss. Once our lips connected she melted instantly, we sat here kissing for a few minutes before stopping to breathe. “Do you want to go farther?” I asked her not to push her.

“Y-yeah, w-we c-can.” She said shyly. I nodded and pulled her closer, I kissed her on the lips of a moment then slowly making my way to her neck. A small gasp escaped her mouth, as I started to suck on her skin. 

“Songbird, let's go to our room.” I told her. She nodded and followed me to our room. I locked the door behind us so no one could enter. “Are you ready Songbird?” I asked walking back over.

“Y-yeah, b-but c-can w-we h-have a s-safe w-word?” She asked.

“Yeah, the safe word is, ‘Hero’ ok.” I said and she nodded. She sat up and crawled to the end of the bed where I was standing. I walked closer to her and kissed her again starting slowly to make sure she's comfortable with this. I let go of her lips moving to her neck and she gasped at my sudden move. I felt her hands starting to travel around my waist to keep us stable where we were sitting, I did the same taking my arms around her waist and started to fiddle with the hem of her shirt. I felt her nod into my shoulder and did the same to my shirt. I got the jist and took them off. I admired her body and traced her skin with my fingers and I felt her shiver under my touch.

“C-cold.” Is all she said while I was tracing her skin. I went back to leaving love marks on Em’s neck and her skin is so soft and creamy smooth. Once I finished with her neck I leaned in to kiss her again. She leaned quickly letting me see the lust she now held in her eyes. The kiss was turned quickly into a heated make out session and by now I was frustrated.

“Songbird, can i push you a little farther?” I asked because of comfort and consent.

“Sure, just don’t go too rough.” She responded and started to shift. I let out a soft moan. 

~time skip to after(end 18+)~

Emiko pov.

Last night was fun, and helped me build more trust in Keigo.