Prologue

Emiko pov.

Hiya I’m Emiko Danvers, and my life isn’t the way you would think it would be, allow me to explain. Keigo and I met in grade school, I always stayed away from the spotlight. When we met he had slowly started to tear down my walls. We told each other everything, we always trusted each other's reasoning for doing things, we were inseparable. One day I went to school covered in bruises, Keigo noticed. I told him what happened, he wasn’t happy, I knew he was upset.

“Emiko, you can't keep letting this happen, one day they might take it too far and i don’t like seeing you get hurt, please try to stay safe for me?” He said, handing me one of his feathers. I took the feather and placed it in my hair.

“Thanks Keigo, I'll try.” I said. He walked towards me and pulled me in for a hug, a few seconds after the initial shock I hugged back.

~~~~~~~~~~~time skip to UA~~~~~~~~~~~

“Keigo! How have you been?” I asked.

“Hey Songbird, and I've been good, what about you?” Keigo asked.

“I ran away from that place, so I've been doing better.” I told him.

“Does that mean i can finally come over now?” He asked.

“Yeah, and I don't mind if you move in with me, if you wanted to.” I said. He lit up like kids that wake-up on christmas, and remembered it. “Ok let's go take this test so we can get in and become heroes like we planned.” I said bringing his attention back.

“Yeah, lets go.” Keigo said in a serious tone, I nodded and followed him inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~time skip after UA~~~~~~~~~~~

“Keigo we did it, we got our licences.” I said happily, Keigo just smiled at me with a smile that could light up the room and rival the sun itself. 

 “Yeah, we actually did it, now let’s go Dreamer, we still have to find our agency.” He said, taking off. I imagined myself flying and sprouted wings to fly with. 

“Wait for me Hawks!” I yelled after him. He watched as I flew up to him and tackled him in midair.

“Be careful Songbird.” Keigo warned. “Ok, now where do you want to live, in the agency or your place?” he asked.

“Lets live in the agency, but until we find it we’ll live in my place.” I said. He nodded and pointed to a building that we could use for our agency.

~~~~~~~~~~~time skip after construction~~~~~~~~~~~

We finished building and renovations for the agency, it took a few years but we finished.

“Keigo we finally finished.” I said proudly, he just smiled at my antics.

"Yeah, lets go inside and finish the safety codes and regulations paperwork.” Keigo said. I nodded and followed him inside. While we were filling out the paperwork, Keigo asked me a question. “Songbird, what happened before you ran away?” He asked. 

“You see, a few days after i ran away, I developed some phobias.” I said not wanting to fully explain.

“Which ones did you develop?” He asked worried.

“Athazagoraphobia, contreltophobia, separation anxiety, and ptsd.” I said sadly.

“Songbird…” He started sadly, “I’m so sorry that you had to go through that on your own.” He said, crying softly next to me.

“Keigo, I’m fine, it’s going to be okay i promise.” I said trying to reassure him.

“It’s not that Songbird, I’m so sorry I couldn’t save you from it. I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you, I wasn’t there for you.” Keigo snapped, sliding to the floor, tears staining his face.

“But you did help, you were there when no one was, thank you for giving me someone to trust, a shoulder to cry on, you were always helping me even in the smallest ways possible, you were the one to give me hope in my darkest moments, you always put a smile on my face, Keigo you were always my hero since we met. You are my light in the dark, so get up and stop doubting yourself.” I said, pulling his feather from my hair.

“You kept it?” Keigo asked.

“Of course I kept it birdbrain, it reminded me that you are there for me, and that you would always try to protect me.” I said. He tackled me into a hug and I let him, we sat like this for 5 minutes before getting up to finish the paperwork. After a few minutes we finished and turned it in.

“Ah, if it isn’t the young duo, what can I do for you today?” The detective asked.

“Hello Detective, we were told to give you our safety and code regulations paperwork.” I said.

“Ah, yes I was told that you two would be coming by with it, I can take that over here, is everything filled out?” Detective asked. 

“Yes.” Keigo said. I looked around feeling uneasy. I spotted my parents. I tugged on Keigo’s shirt. “What is it Songbird?” Keigo asked worriedly.

“It’s my parents.” I said in a hushed whisper.

“Oh shit, there here?” he asked in the same whisper.

“Yeah, help me get out of here, without them noticing.” I said, still whispering.

“I understand, you’ve been near me all day, I don’t want you getting a panic attack halfway there.” Keigo reasoned.

“It won’t happen because I’m leaving willingly, the attacks only happen if I’m being forcefully pulled off.” I explained.