Tate Is That You? Chapter 5

I screamed and held my head. It was as if the demon had set fire to my skull. It was hurting me... bad... I again let off a low howl but that was the demon this time. I felt my legs shaking as I fell to the ground. I heard the men in uniforms running up the stairs, and my mom outside my door crying. I felt hot fire run up my chest and I screamed again. The men in uniforms swung the door open and had a gurney with them. Don't let them take you, my demon whispered as if it was right beside me. I lashed out and scratched one of the guys arms making him bleed. I screamed again, it was almost like my demon was controlling me. And that's when everything went black. I felt peace. I felt the two men picking me up and putting me on the gurney, and strapping me in. That's when I got my sight again. I realized that they had put one of those calming shots in my neck. It hurt at first but I felt peaceful now. I heard my mom crying and sirens. As they were rolling me to the ambulance I saw Tate looking out his window. But he didn't seem scared, he... he smiled at me. In a weird coincidence I smiled back. He ran out the front door and asked the police officer if I was okay. They said they were taking me away and that's when he did the absolute unthinkable. He said he wanted to be taken away too. But I didn't hear the rest of what was going on cause I was put in the ambulance. I felt tired so I closed my eyes and tried to sleep but the demon in my head screamed at me, You childish fool! You let them take you?! Why the hell did you?! I winced and mouthed, 'I'm sorry'. But the demon didn't have it, it screamed again, Bullshit! You stupid, stupid child. Do you know what will happen now? They won't let me stay with you! Stay with me? I thought. What does that mean? And once again I remembered Tate, asking if he could be locked away with me...