that's why we stay on Bruce's good side

Natasha walks down the hallway, pondering the things Clint and her discovered a couple hours ago.

They'd examined everything they could find about Percy and anyone he had interacted with. Most things added up, when you got right down to it, but there was a few things that didn't sit right with her.

She pauses.

She turns around and walks back down the hallway, determination clear on her face.

She knocks on Percy's door.

"Hey, Percy, it's Nat. Can I come in?" She waits for about a minute before knocking again. When she gets no response she glances at the ceiling. "Jarvis, is Percy asleep?"

"No." Jarvis's voice replies.

"Is he in his room?" I'm sure he went to his room, and I didn't see him come out...

"Yes."

Nat tilts her head. "What's he doing?"

There's a pause and then Jarvis replies, "He's in the new bathtub that boss recently had installed in all your rooms."

"The huge bathtub?" Nat smiles slightly. "The one that is practically a small pool?"

"Yes."

"So he's taking a bath." Natasha taps her hands on her chin. "Can you tell him I need to talk to him once he's finished?"

There's a pause as Jarvis relays the information. His worried voice comes through the speakers about a minute later. "Percy is not responding. I tried multiple times and then looked at his heat signature more closely. He is under the water. I fear he..." Jarvis trails off.

"Open the doors, Jarvis!" Nat runs into Percy's room and into the bathroom. As she runs she says, "Jarvis, have Bruce come here with the necessary medical equipment." 

"He's already on his way."

Natasha reaches the large bathtub. She reaches underwater and grabs Percy's hand. She pulls him out of the water.

He immediately punches Natasha in the face and then backs up towards the edge of the tub in a panic. He moves his wet hair out of his face and looks around, confused.

Natasha blinks, slightly shocked. She puts her hands up to her face and feels her nose. Her fingers come away with blood and she wipes it on her pant leg.

She holds her hands up in a gesture of surrender.

"Percy, it's Natasha. I don't mean any harm. Are you alright?" She asks.

Percy hesitates for a few moments and then looks around, realizing where he is. "I'm fine." He looks around the room carefully and his gaze lands on Natasha. "Ha..." his voice trails off like he almost said something he shouldn't have. "Crap, did I punch you?" He goes to stand up and then he realizes he doesn't have a shirt on. His eyes fill with panic and he sits back down in the bathtub, holding his arms over his chest.   

Natasha's eyes go wide. He has more scars than Clint and I combined. And with the amount of times we got captured by the enemy and our line of profession, that's saying something. She opens her mouth to say something and then Bruce runs in.

"Is Percy-" he stops as his eyes lands on Percy who is in the bathtub, and Natasha, who is sitting on the floor with a nosebleed. "What happened?" He grabs a tissue out of his bag and hands it to Natasha who puts in on her nose.

Percy shifts uncomfortably in the bathtub. "I... I uh accidentally hit Natasha."

Bruce's eyebrows draw together and he looks at Nat. Nat shrugs. "I didn't expect him to be conscious, much less punch me."