Chp 39 : Trip - Day 1

Author's note: The last chapters are gonna be quite long because I wanna explain their trip in detail. Enjoy your trip to Seoraksan! I wish you a happy and safe journey 💜 And if you wish to skip the details of the places they will go then you will find ⭐ this indicating the start of the details, read until you reach the star.

It was finally Saturday. As planned Taehyung, Jungkook, Cho and Mi Su met in front of the school at 4.45AM. Well actually they were all there by 4.30AM, not wanting to be late. They started the journey early.

Taehyung had brought his Hyundai SUV for the journey. The drive would be of about 3 hours, so they decided that while going, Taehyung and Cho would take turns and drive. And while returning Jungkook and Mi Su would drive.

They loaded the back seat with their backpacks. Taehyung got in the driver's seat with Jungkook beside him in the front seat and the two girls sat in the middle seats.

"Okay so let's go!!" Taehyung said as he started the car.

"Let's gooooo!!!" The other three shouted.

They drove through the city and on to the Yeongdon Highway. They drove on the dark lonely highway and after a while, they could see the sun bloom on the horizon and the bright colours of red and orange started engulfing the dark blue. And in a blink of an eye the sky was glowing with the rich redish golden colour of the sun.

They were now driving for almost half an hour. The sun was not too bright. They had their windows down and the cold air of dawn hitting their warm skin. The subtle grumbling of the engine, the whooshing sound of the wind and the soft music playing in the car; had made their drive a more relaxing one.

Cho had her head resting on her arm which was on the window frame. Her hair flying making her look like she was in some movie. Mi Su leaned towards her and placed a soft kiss on her cheek. Cho turned her head towards Mi Su and gave her a warm smile. Taehyung awed as he could see them through the rear mirror.

"I'm hungry." Jungkook said patting a hand on his stomach.

"Now itself?" Taehyung asked.

Mi Su reached for a box in the back seat.

"Taehyung's mom has made gimbap and sandwiches for all of us." She said opening the box.

"Really?" Jungkook said excitedly turning back.

"Aww she's so sweet. Thanks a lot Mrs. Kim." Cho said.

"She can't hear you idiot." Mi Su said laughing, handing a sandwich to Jungkook.

"She made them so that we don't have to stop to eat." Mi Su said now handing a gimbap to Cho and taking one herself.

"Mmm it's so tasty!!" Jungkook said already eating his sandwich. He held the sandwich in front of Taehyung's mouth so he could also eat while driving.

Mi Su had handed another sandwich to Jungkook which he again shared with Taehyung.

"Cho wanna control the wheel? I am feeling sleepy." Taehyung said as he had drove for almost one and a half hour now.

"Yea sure, I was gonna ask you anyway."
Cho said.

Taehyung stopped the car on the side of the highway and he and Cho got out of the car.

"You wanna sit in front?" Jungkook asked Mi Su.

She said yes and they too got out of the car and exchanged their seats.

In between the two seats of the middle row, Taehyung before hand had put a huge cushion so there would be no gap in between.

Taehyung suddenly removed his shoes and turned towards the window getting in a sleeping position. He put his head on Jungkook's lap and immediately dozed off to sleep. Jungkook also was feeling sleepy.