"Yeah, my head hurt and medicine wasn't helping." The girl lied, placing her things away and moving her hair from her face. She couldn't afford to tell Tanya the truth. Knowing her, she'll get worried and force her to move to her apartment for a while.

She'd probably try to get the police involved, but how can they help if there's no evidence? Letters could be, but it was a small possibility that they would take it seriously. As if they'd believe that she has been exchanging letters with a murderer based on that.

"You seem quite out of it, have been actually for the past couple of days. Is everything okay? I'm here if you need help (Y/N), you know this already."

The girl felt awful for lying. She wanted help, but she knew nothing about the nature of her stalker. She couldn't risk putting others in danger because of her own mistakes.

Offering a weak smile to her coworker, she spoke tiredly, "No need to worry, I've been focusing on my college more, the professors decided to bombard us with work so..."

"Are you sure that's the case?" Tanya questioned, not believing her fully.

"Yeah, seriously. But it's going to pass soon, don't worry. They usually give us a lot of work before the holidays anyway, so it's normal."

(Y/N) couldn't really pinpoint the expression her coworker showed, but it was a mixture of concern and doubt. She hoped that Tanya would just drop the subject and move on.

"Alright, if you say so." She paused before speaking again, "You're on the tables today, I'll take the register."

Just like that, the two started preparing the small place for its opening. Hopefully it would be a busy day, even if it was Friday. (Y/N) desperately needed a distraction.

Jack walked to the tree with a new book in his hands. He had done a little bit of his own research, finding the prequel of the book his human recommended. When reading the description of the book, he couldn't help but grin. The girl apparently loved giving the eyeless boy puzzles to solve.

A Killer Without A Conscience.
"The crimes are barbaric. The victims are found in desolate rural areas, naked and impaled on long wooden stakes. There are no clues. No DNA evidence. Just a message, etched over and over again on one broken body: I have returned."

That was a part of the description "The Impaler" offered to Jack. From the description alone he had figured out that she was fully aware who her stranger was.

Fair, he knew who she was as well after all.

Reading her letter, the boy immediately noticed that she had figured out the meaning behind his last line. He could smell the fear in the air. The letters engraved on the paper looked more broken than the ones on other sentences.

Taking his own paper, he began writing the response. He couldn't wait to formally meet the little lamb.

Three students sat at the pastry shop, eating their snacks and exchanging notes from classes.

"I can't read all of this by next Friday."

"Sucks to be you Andrew, maybe if you started at a normal time you wouldn't be in this position."

(Y/N) watched as her two friends bickered over the homework and studying they had to do. She didn't even have the half of work they had, considering that she'd been studying at home while Oliver was with her. The most she'd have to do is revise, that is if she is alive by the time her professors decide to give them tests.

"(Y/N) would you give me your notes? Lauren's notes look like she had written in Cuneiform."

Andrew pleaded, the look in his eyes making (Y/N) laugh. Taking out the notes from her bag, she handed them to Andrew.

"Here, but if you get any type of a stain on the papers, I swear I'll kill you." She half-joked. Obviously she wasn't going to kill her friend, but she really didn't have the energy, or time, to write the notes again. Sitting with her friends like this, she would forget about the problems she was facing, enjoying the nice time with them as much as she could.

"What are you guys planning to do for the holidays?" Lauren's question snapped (Y/N) out of her thoughts. What was she going to do? It was Fourth of November already, the holidays were approaching, and (Y/N) had no idea if she will make it by then. Hell, even if she did, she can't go home.

"Celebrating with parents, the usual. You?" Andrew spoke, not letting his gaze leave the notes he skimmed through.

"Mom wanted us to go visit the family, I really don't want to go, but not like I have a choice... What about you (Y/N)?"

"Probably going back home to celebrate with my and Oliver's family."

"Probably? There's a chance you won't go?" Lauren asked, making Andrew look up at the (H/C) haired girl. The two waited for a response, obviously confused with the previous answer. She understood why, last year she couldn't stop talking about how much she missed her family and Oliver. The main topic during that time was just (Y/N) beaming about going home.

"Oh, uh, no, it's not like that at all. I am going for sure. Sorry, I haven't slept well last night, had a headache." The girl lied again. It hurt her to think about not being able to go home this year. She'd either have to stay during the holidays and make up a stupid excuse or just straight up die before the holidays. It was frustrating.

The girl chose to change the subject and focus on having fun for now, there was plenty enough time to think about everything else at home.

———————————————————————
Bye this is such a long chapter I am so sorry-
I hope you lots enjoy though, that's all. Take care of yourselves! <3